Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure we can conclude anything from the length of time. A simple diagnosis could still require surgery and months out. If the diagnosis is more complicated (to have surgery or not), it could mean it is not as obviously egregious. There's just no way of knowing. it's very frustrating, but we just have to wait and hope.

No two ways about it, this is a huge blow. Arguably a bigger loss than KDB last season. I know we have players who can slot in and do a job but for me he’s in the top 3 players in the world in his position.
Gutted if it’s long term.

that's a hindsight analysis. KDB was the man in 2017/18 and the media/scousers were giddy beyond imagination and calling the title when he went down. As it turned out, Sterling and particularly Bernardo stepped up to unenvisaged levels and we fought on. Who is to say that Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho or even Garcia may not step up and outperform all expectations? Particularly Stones who we know has good raw material, but can be hesitant/error prone due to lack of confidence as much as anything else.

that's a hindsight analysis. KDB was the man in 2017/18 and the media/scousers were giddy beyond imagination and calling the title when he went down. As it turned out, Sterling and particularly Bernardo stepped up to unenvisaged levels and we fought on. Who is to say that Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho or even Garcia may not step up and outperform all expectations? Particularly Stones who we know has good raw material, but can be hesitant/error prone due to lack of confidence as much as anything else.
It’s not hindsight - it’s an opinion formed by myself and is pretty much to do with the quality of back up in their positions. I Think we had more adequate cover for the loss of Kev than we do for Laporte. It’s pretty straight forward.
Obviously the hope would be that those who have to step up do the business, there’s every chance they will because they are all very good players. I still stick with my original post though.

no point guessing.....but surprised no-one has posted this picture that is going round on twitter in the last hour....just passing it on! (note: knee brace and crutches...)

EDewMIzXsAEnJb_
Was that taken with a Box Brownie?

It’s not hindsight - it’s an opinion formed by myself and is pretty much to do with the quality of back up in their positions. I Think we had more adequate cover for the loss of Kev than we do for Laporte. It’s pretty straight forward.
Obviously the hope would be that those who have to step up do the business, there’s every chance they will because they are all very good players. I still stick with my original post though.

Pretty much nobody thought we had cover for KDB when he went down. Check out the Bluemoon thread at the time and the sentiment ranged from grave concern to unabashed panic. If you thought at the time we could manage without, you must have been uniquely prescient.

That has to be the reason. It’s been three days and the tests should’ve been conducted by now. This is more complex than Mendy and Sané for sure. Hope it’s not too bad.
The picture of him floating around with crutches is a bit confusing. Can’t tell if it’s good or bad.
U still here Lar.
Thought you'd be back in Scouseland by now.

Pretty much nobody thought we had cover for KDB when he went down. Check out the Bluemoon thread at the time and the sentiment ranged from grave concern to unabashed panic. If you thought at the time we could manage without, you must have been uniquely prescient.
I’m definitely unique.

I had a full length cast for three weeks for a dislocated knee cap. Far and away the sorest thing (amongst many sore things) that I’ve done to myself.

I don’t think they would have been bending his leg on the pitch, the point at which my doctor slid my knee cap back into place was agony and ecstasy all at the same time. We would have heard Aymeric tell us all about that if it had happened in the pitch!
Didn’t realise they’d moved his knee on the pitch as was at a wedding on Saturday and missed the game.
Just saw the stills.
Agree patella dislocation would be unlikely if they could bend the knee.
Seems it’s taking a long time to get a diagnosis...

This^.
And the same was true at the time of Mendy's first injury.

Until last week he got very little praise that he deserved but when he has an injury it's all how much we will miss such a great player - just so they can sneer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.