Var debate 2019/20

I still say if we’re going to use VAR it should be 3 challenges for each captain (maybe even 2) win or lose and that’s it.
It’s fucking ridiculous as it is right now.
The problem with that is that teams will generally save one challenge for the last few minutes, as they do in cricket. So nearly every late goal would be reviewed, “just in case”. That would have included Jesus’s goal against Spurs.

The problem with that is that teams will generally save one challenge for the last few minutes, as they do in cricket. So nearly every late goal would be reviewed, “just in case”. That would have included Jesus’s goal against Spurs.

Still a far better option then it is right now imo.
Captains would have to use their challenges wisely, unlike the Australian cricket team :)

Tend to agree but what else should we expect? Surely overcoming the Barrier to Entry by becoming self sufficient did not make us suddenly acceptable. We were a threat to the established Clubs then and particularly now so expecting fair treatment from an organisation that tried to black ball us may be a little optimistic.
I stupidly thought as we became more established they might just accept us like they have done with the chavs,they have won loads but the media have eased off them,i think since we got pep the nastiness has ramped up a lot,how dare we get the worlds best manager and how dare he not go to the rags,sigh

I'm surprised it's the 1st time you 've watched it...just shows of all the footage out there only a small % of football fans have seen each...makes it hard for the majority to put the jigsaw puzzle together and see the true pic

When I speak to other football fans about perceived (City ) injustices they are generally completely unaware/uninterested. ..most of them look at football closely only when their accumulator is on; football conversations with other fans are punctuated by furtive looks at mobiles to see the latest odds etc. ..watch a match in a pub and everyone is thinking shalll I cash out.Generally no one cares about a game unless they 've got money on it.quite sad really.

For my own part..the Riley at old Trafford footage.. ( utd v arsenal-Rooney blatant dive)...is a total disgrace and draws not a single peice of analysis from the wimpering Martin Tyler who finds nothing of any interest to question.I can't watch that footage anymore..

It's clear the game has been riddled with corruption for decades and Var is simply an extension of the same..given that it's totally diff to the versions used elsewhere....controlled by the small band of merry men known as Pgmol.
I've seen it posted a lot and seen a bit of it but not the whole thing,i think since the rags have been irrelevant these last 6 yrs it's easy to forget the way things used to be,the total grip the pisscan had on the refs,you are right how corrupt it was and has been for a long time,with var they have complete control,backing up the refs on every single call so far is just not possible,it's clearly being used to stop us,2pts down already so it's working

They'll get marginal, inconclusive pens not given, like Martial last week, but I imagine you are right & we won't see that handball rule applied against either club, unless they grab the ball with both hands & throw it.

If you look at all the instances of penalty claims ignored by v.a.r. so far & then look at the one Salah got from the ref, for the shirt pull, it is by far the lesser 'foul' of any.

Been interesting to see if v.a.r. would have stepped in, had the ref not given it & the reaction afterwards, if it hadn't & Liverpool drew the game.
Yep the salad one compared to eric was nothing,a very slight tug that made no difference to him,the hope they wouldn't get those sort of pens has gone,it's gonna be business as usual for them and us

I've seen it posted a lot and seen a bit of it but not the whole thing,i think since the rags have been irrelevant these last 6 yrs it's easy to forget the way things used to be,the total grip the pisscan had on the refs,you are right how corrupt it was and has been for a long time,with var they have complete control,backing up the refs on every single call so far is just not possible,it's clearly being used to stop us,2pts down already so it's working
Even if we except the harsh handball
VAR also ignored the penalty on Rodri so it does feel that way.

Still a far better option then it is right now imo.
Captains would have to use their challenges wisely, unlike the Australian cricket team :)
It wouldn't matter how the var review comes about,they will still back the refs and give you the result they want and not the correct one by their own rules,the players.club and fans are completely powerless now,the ref just taps his ear and passes the buck to var whether he has actually been talking to them or not

It wouldn't matter how the var review comes about,they will still back the refs and give you the result they want and not the correct one by their own rules,the players.club and fans are completely powerless now,the ref just taps his ear and passes the buck to var whether he has actually been talking to them or not

VAR isn’t going away, so imo this is the best way of using it without killing the game we all know & love.

I am open to the challenges route. The one thing I'd add which would override the "save one to the last minute then the jesus goal would have been over ridden anyway".
Would be the opposition captain has to state the offence and player name or number before a challenge can be issued.
So in the Laporte/ Jesus goal they might have said Laporte/push , Jesus/handball , David silva offside (when Jesus stuck ball) only what they appeal for is looked at. That way they can't say "We challenge that goal and hope for the best".
Maybe others can think of a better way to do it but I think my way eliminates a lot of the desperate last minute "We challenge that goal" . In that no-one in the stadium thought of Laporte's handball or anyone watching unless you were going over it with a fine tooth comb mysteriously not available at the Newcastle/Watford game.

I am open to the challenges route. The one thing I'd add which would override the "save one to the last minute then the jesus goal would have been over ridden anyway".
Would be the opposition captain has to state the offence and player name or number before a challenge can be issued.
So in the Laporte/ Jesus goal they might have said Laporte/push , Jesus/handball , David silva offside (when Jesus stuck ball) only what they appeal for is looked at. That way they can't say "We challenge that goal and hope for the best".
Maybe others can think of a better way to do it but I think my way eliminates a lot of the desperate last minute "We challenge that goal" . In that no-one in the stadium thought of Laporte's handball or anyone watching unless you were going over it with a fine tooth comb mysteriously not available at the Newcastle/Watford game.
I get the idea but there is no way they would go for that imo and it sounds time consuming and over complicated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.