******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking weather already fucking me off.
Having two test matches in september in England is pushing it. Now, september in England can be decent enough. But the odds of rain (particularly "oop north") must surely be shorter than they would be in july/august. But that's the ECB being greedy, shoehorning in the World Cup and an ashes series in the same year.

Looks fine until after lunch, almost certain to get enough overs in not to refund. I reckon they would have played the t20 game. Forecast worse for Chester le Street and the drainage isn't as good there. May end up a 5 over bollocks.

Yep me too, been watching the forecast all week hoping for it to improve. It seems to be getting worse.

You never know with this country - the forecasters often get it wrong and it might just change for the better. If not, then it could end up being an all-dayer in the fucking Bishop’s Blaize ffs ;)

I remember back in 2004, we organised a corporate at work for the Friday of the test against the Windies. We were in the Red Rose Suite which at the time I think was the most expensive corporate facility at OT before they built The Point, etc. We invited a customer from Ellesmere Port (who sadly passed away recently) who was well into his cricket and liked a good drink to boot. The plan was for my boss to get there around lunchtime but me and the customer went first thing. It was pissing down early doors and the rain didn’t abate too much during the morning. Eventually it stopped mid-afternoon and it looked like we might get some play in but then it started again and play was abandoned at around 3.30. Typically, it was the only washout in a summer of 7 test matches in England. By then, pretty much everyone had left but as we were only entitled to a refund on the ticket price (about £40 I think) and not the whole cost of the hospitality which was £325+ VAT per person, there was no way they were kicking us out until we’d got our money’s worth of food and beer. I’m not sure what time we left - I was wankered by then - but it must’ve been getting on for 6pm!

Having two test matches in september in England is pushing it. Now, september in England can be decent enough. But the odds of rain (particularly "oop north") must surely be shorter than they would be in july/august. But that's the ECB being greedy, shoehorning in the World Cup and an ashes series in the same year.
You are spot on, Old Trafford in September?

You never know with this country - the forecasters often get it wrong and it might just change for the better. If not, then it could end up being an all-dayer in the fucking Bishop’s Blaize ffs ;)

I remember back in 2004, we organised a corporate at work for the Friday of the test against the Windies. We were in the Red Rose Suite which at the time I think was the most expensive corporate facility at OT before they built The Point, etc. We invited a customer from Ellesmere Port (who sadly passed away recently) who was well into his cricket and liked a good drink to boot. The plan was for my boss to get there around lunchtime but me and the customer went first thing. It was pissing down early doors and the rain didn’t abate too much during the morning. Eventually it stopped mid-afternoon and it looked like we might get some play in but then it started again and play was abandoned at around 3.30. Typically, it was the only washout in a summer of 7 test matches in England. By then, pretty much everyone had left but as we were only entitled to a refund on the ticket price (about £40 I think) and not the whole cost of the hospitality which was £325+ VAT per person, there was no way they were kicking us out until we’d got our money’s worth of food and beer. I’m not sure what time we left - I was wankered by then - but it must’ve been getting on for 6pm!

Also went to that day is was Friday 13th (8) day before a shit home draw to start the season. Never made it further than Portland Street, but I managed to acquire tickets very cheap off others which I sent to Corby for the full £33 each. Same for the ODI in and the end of June v NZ that year, total wash out too. Saw no international Cricket that year, and nowadays it is about £80 so they can fuck right off.

It’s bloody freezing now and pissing down.
I have tickets for Thursday.
I reckon we’ll be lucky to get half a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.