Was Alan Ball as bad as people remember?

5460_1.jpg

Looking back were we just in free fall and with Ball just happening to be the manager at the time, or do you think he played in big part in our ultimate downfall?

I read once that if you took away the awful first 3 months of the season where we collected around 2 points, we were actually top half from our first win up until the end of the season. Ultimately of course we were still deservingly relegated but I just thought it was an interesting note.

To be honest I don’t think he ever endeared himself to the players or fans and he even claimed after a thrashing away at Liverpool that he had enjoyed the scousers performance.
YOU BASTARD !

It took me 5 years of expensive professional counselling to forget his influence on our performances. And with one inconsiderate post you've brought it all back !

The only good thing in this thread is remembering how good Kinkladze was. He would have been suited to this team

Absolutley dire, turgid, mind numbingly infuriating and add in the fact that he thought "Buster" Phillips was the next/first 10 million player should answer your question

One point out of the first 10 (i think) games and that was a draw in the first game!
I went to a mind numbing 0-0 League Cup game at Wycombe....
In October, we lost 4-0 in the league cup at Liverpool and played them 4 days later at Anfield again in the PL....
"So surely he learnt from that and we had a better result?" I hear you say.....
No. We lost 6 fucking 0.
He actually won manager of the month in November and when you consider we got relegated on the final game of the season and on the same points as two other teams, the November to May record wasnt that bad! The first 10 games is what did us.

I was at a Prestwich & Whitefield branch meeting a year or 2 later and Michael Brown was a guest and was asked about Ball.... In front of 300 men, women and kids he said "what a c**t"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.