Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s had a meniscus repaired he will be out for 3-4 months
If it’s been removed it will be 6-8 weeks max
With it being a lateral meniscus my money is on him having a repair as removing the lateral meniscus will inevitably lead to him having arthritis in his knee by the time he’s in his mid 30s....

Given the problems a meniscus and cartilage injury caused Mendy last season, I'd imagine he wont be rushed back in any circumstances. Don't expect to see him back until 2020. Gutted but could have been worse. Speedy recovery Aymeric!

Did we ever get a confirmation on what Mendy was suffering from post his ACL problem, the only thing I saw confirmed was fluid on his knee the then went back to Cugat for treatment and rumours of a second operation

It could’ve been much worse, for sure, so let’s call it good news for now!

I understand it’s hard for them to estimate on a return date, but it might take time just for the meniscus to heal, then maybe additional weeks/month of hard training to reach his fitness level. If we’re lucky, 3-4 month.

Get well soon!

Did we ever get a confirmation on what Mendy was suffering from post his ACL problem, the only thing I saw confirmed was fluid on his knee the then went back to Cugat for treatment and rumours of a second operation
He suffered a recurring meniscus and cartilage injury in the other knee as far as I can remember. Just really shocking luck.

If he’s had a meniscus repaired he will be out for 3-4 months
If it’s been removed it will be 6-8 weeks max
With it being a lateral meniscus my money is on him having a repair as removing the lateral meniscus will inevitably lead to him having arthritis in his knee by the time he’s in his mid 30s....

I’m more worried about the possible damage to the articular cartilage rather than the meniscus. They made a point to mention that there was a meniscus injury as well as cartilage damage and if it’s an articular tear I believe that recovery time is 12-18 weeks.

Edit: did some googling and that particular injury could be up to 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.