Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he may be back before Xmas and certainly before February / March?

I reckon 8 weeks and then rehab in training so 12 weeks is a good conservative guess.

Speaking as someone who absolutely banjaxed my knee and lcl doing jiu jitsu a few years ago.

Hardest part with that injury is not working on the leg because it will feel 100% fine in about 4 weeks time for him, but its still jelly.

Yes, with most instances of meniscus damage, it will degrade over time, regardless of the quality of “repair” (I use quotes because repairing menisci is nothing like repairing ligaments, and is actually more “cleaning up”) and with most non-elite athletes peak performance is impacted.

I’ve always been given the same advice about leg and, interestingly, core conditioning helping to reduce the rate of degradation.

Problem for me is I only have 75% meniscus in my right knee, so the rate isn’t great to begin with.

Did they give either of you estimates of remaining cartilage, just out of curiosity?

Always good to get comparison experiences.

Are you suggesting that I wasn't an elite athlete ;-)

At the time they didn't remove much; just a small flap. However, GP told me that he thought I would probably need a knee replacement one day. Consequently I've been very careful and don't do anything involving running, which is pretty crap but I rarely get pain in my knee and I don't need a replacement yet.

Can live with that.

Thought he’d be out for the season!

Better prognosis than it could have been....he will miss some big key league games with the rags at home and both liverpool and arsenal away before new year plus the champs league games (though in not as worried about any of those)

Ottomendi is decent but he makes some horrendous decisions at times...plus he is so slow.

Laportes loss definitely makes us weaker regardless of who replaces him

I was hoping he had stubbed a toe, I quick grab and squeeze several fucking hells whilst hopping and then blame the wife for buying THAT fucking stupid chair, then pleasantness as the pain slowly fades, so this is bad news that eric will be out for a few months

Be on the bench for Derby for his return.

You heard it here first.

Garcia if given a chance will show what is he capable of but I suspect Pep will fly with Oti, Stones, Ferni , Walker and Rodri and go 3 at the back against certain teams.

Really looking forward to Mendy's return after the break let's hope he stays fit for the season , it will be like a new recruit given the two years of disaster injury wise our best crosser of the ball on a consistent basis has been.

We would have won the title by 5 points at least last season and created a new points record if Mendy and Vinny had been availalble as often as Liverpool's equivalents were.

Jamie Jackson reporting that City not expecting him back until the early New Year at best.

I am not sure whether he's guessing or whether he has an informed source.

I suspect if City knew the prognosis, it would be up on the web site.

Although no specific timescale had been put on the Aymeric Laporte's likely return to action, the 25-year-old will be out until 2020 following knee surgery in Barcelona this week. [@MarkOgden_]

This has covered all the bases ha,they are guessing it seems

A consensus seems to be coalescing around 3 to 4 months ( Stuart Lee, latest MUEN article and optimistic message from Eric himself).
That would roughly fit with a four month absence and a return in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.