Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

Performed in every city in the UK for a number of years. The only city I've felt physically unsafe in was Nottingham; seemed to be more mentally ill people there than anywhere else.

Yorkshire people have a great sense of humour. Liverpool the worst. Can't take the piss out of Scourers. Famous sense of humour my arse. There's a Brendan Burns stand up routine about performing for Scourers that is how most comedians feel about doing gigs in Liverpool

Still bemused by the attack on Cardiff. Perhaps all the characters from the valleys were out in the big city. I’m no Cardiff defender either. Prefer Swansea.

Agree 100%. Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow are awful in places
I've lived in all three and never had much trouble which isn't to say you can't find it if you look for it but in the most part they've been fine.
Certainly wouldn't say they're unwelcoming.

London has made me professionally but I’d rather my social life was elsewhere. I’ve so many happy memories of Failsworth or Droylsden when I was living there. Surrounded by friends and welcoming people. The social cohesion here is dire and I hope to leave next year.
Yes. Just been talking about Failsworth Pole with my mate, a real night out back in the 90s. Not the same now unfortunately. I used to go to London professionally myself 2/3 times a week sometimes and used to get the biggest buzz ever getting on the M1 or A1 going home.

My home town of Chesterfield isn't the best, you want a fight you'll get one easy enough. Some right fanny on show at the weekend though.

Think a lot of this comes down to personal experiences. Never had any trouble in Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds or London. Sure if you want trouble you can find it, but if behave yourself you’re fine.
Nottingham on the other hand, funny breed that lot.

Gloucester - Home to 6 toed knuckle draggers and intellectuals like Fred West.

Barnstaple - Gloucesters favoured retirement destination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.