Easy Jet Compo

richardtheref

Just wondering if anyone can throw any light on if I am entitled to compo from easyjet.

Due to fly to Prague from Manchester on Sunday at 4 45pm and 45 minutes before we were due to fly the flight was cancelled. This was due to problems with French air traffic control. After waiting for 3 hours in a que a guy showed up and said that they could get us on a flight on Monday morning at 7am from Southend. They arranged us a taxi to take us down to Southend and booked us into a hotel. However we only arrived at 1 30am and were due to be picked up to be taken to the airport at 4am.

Was just wondering if I have wasted my time claiming as they may say the cancellation was out of their hands (which it probably was). Reading the blurb it looks like they may get out of paying me due to extraordinary circumstances. Any advice or suggestions /

I think you'll be lucky to get anything. the ATC side is outside their control and the fact that you accepted an alternative probably negates the chances of a successful outcome.

Just wondering if anyone can throw any light on if I am entitled to compo from easyjet.

Due to fly to Prague from Manchester on Sunday at 4 45pm and 45 minutes before we were due to fly the flight was cancelled. This was due to problems with French air traffic control. After waiting for 3 hours in a que a guy showed up and said that they could get us on a flight on Monday morning at 7am from Southend. They arranged us a taxi to take us down to Southend and booked us into a hotel. However we only arrived at 1 30am and were due to be picked up to be taken to the airport at 4am.

Was just wondering if I have wasted my time claiming as they may say the cancellation was out of their hands (which it probably was). Reading the blurb it looks like they may get out of paying me due to extraordinary circumstances. Any advice or suggestions /

This has happened to a friend of mine as well..... no compensation as the incident was outside the Control of EasyJet.

Due to occasional word blindness I have I thought I read your username as Richard the thief. I was going to call you a scrounging compo ****, but I'm not now.

Sorry; )

Thanks for the replies and I thought this would be the case. The only thing was that we were directed by the easy jet staff to go onto the website and claim compo. I thought at the time this was maybe just to keep everyone sweet. Once we arrived at Prague we than found our hotel booking had been cancelled as even though we called them to say we would be late they did not keep our room available.

And BlueMoonRisin' your assessment of me appears to be accurate

Was it cancelled because it was Foggy?
Wasn't the former leader of the Lib Dem's on the same flight?

So, that would be Foggy Compo and Clegg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.