Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press going with it is understood that he will out to around XMas.

Understand my foot. Guessing, something that will creates a convenient headline to entrap ABCs.

Speaking of ABCs, a convenient lead-in to the enemy.

We should celebrate when the Guardian falls below 130,000.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nati...s-smallest-circulation-decline-for-july-2019/

JnZmydq.png
I suspect that unless you work in media very few people will understand the ABC reference. That said I agree re the Guardian but there are still over 1 million buying The Sun!!

While your at it how about helmets and maybe a cricket box, or better still they play wrapped in foam.

your missing my point ?? the boots is some sort of protection, the shine pads are protection, all parts of the leg in which football is a big part of the game are protected from some sort of contact but the knee is clearly not protected, and so many knock to the knee's and your out of the game, am not talking ACL they can happen just running or turning, but the laporte injury in with him having a big contact with another player took the full force ??

also how many player coming off and sitting on the bench with a ice pack on the knee's ?? that is because long term knocks to knee's have took its toll and they swell up, look some sort of protection to the knee is need in the modern game, ok it my look ugly and feel strange but if it keeps players playing then its must

Yup, that was largely my point. KDB's absence did have an impact - certainly in the CL, but also other games we lost/drew where he was either absent or short of match fitness/form. The fact that we won the treble shouldn't cloud that. As good as Laporte is, I would not equate losing him to the absence of our primo creative genius.

I am having an operation on the 16th to repair a
Badly torn meniscus in my left knee. They actually called me this morning. I damaged it last year playing walking football and it was quite sore. Did that silly thing of ignoring it and still walking the dogs every day for between six to eight miles. As well as all the walking I do in general. My Garmin Fenix gps says I did almost 1700 miles walking from the time that I damaged it to when it totally went. Had a brace on it for a while that I bought myself and it was only in July that I was away and couldn’t walk at all and also damaged my bicep and shoulder that I went to the hospital. Torn meniscus and they have also found some kind of defect in my meniscus too. Walking with a stick at the moment and bloody glad that they are operating so soon. It’s really painful now. The consultant said I would have at least three months before I am back to where I was. I would be on crutches but I have also torn my bicep off and damaged the rotator cuff in my shoulder. I have that op to look forward to as well. That was just lifting something out of the car. Not even heavy. Heard two loud pops and that was that!

Not had knee surgery - touch wood! But, being a keeper, I have had 3 shoulder surgeries. the last one was to repair a complete tear of the rotator cuff (only discovered the extent when they went in) and whereas the surgery was a success, the after care was a woman as I am right handed and it was my right shoulder (of course) so even the simplest things like opening a tin or making a brew was a right PITA! Rehab was the worst as it took forever (but then again, like everyone here, I work) but its fine now and don't have any issues whatsoever if I'm honest...…… just wanted to set your sights buddy, not piss you off completely ;-)

I suspect that unless you work in media very few people will understand the ABC reference. That said I agree re the Guardian but there are still over 1 million buying The Sun!!

Which quite frankly staggers me! Horrible trashy red top which isn't even good enough for wrapping up the chippy supper in - I once asked the local chippy not to wrap it in it when I noticed that she was about to do so, got a real quizzical look :-)

Whenever some knee injury happens, I realize that City have highest percentage of knee-fucked fans in the World.

Ha ha, or it could be that most City fans are so knowledgable because they've actually played the game and sustained those knee injuries. My own promising Sunday League career was terminated by a ruptured ACL at the tender age of 37.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.