Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, or it could be that most City fans are so knowledgable because they've actually played the game and sustained those knee injuries. My own promising Sunday League career was terminated by a ruptured ACL at the tender age of 37.

You had the world under your knees (oopss) and then it happened :(

I suspect that unless you work in media very few people will understand the ABC reference. That said I agree re the Guardian but there are still over 1 million buying The Sun!!

Flicked thru a copy of the Sun the other day at work - first time in years. It’s like a far- right neo-Nazi comic for under 12s. It used to be shite - now it’s very very political but equally even more dumped down. I thought they’d finally got rid of page 3 but they’ve still got that minus the nipples. Can’t believe anyone parr’s with money for what seems to be the National Enquirer edited by Goebbels. It can’t be a positive reflection of the UK if a million are reading that shite daily.

KDB is the only injury to the squad that legitimately makes a noticeable impact from a data and expected goals POV.

Of course losing anyone in our first 11 is a big deal but what Kevin does for us causes ripples to everyone. Those pundits were definitely correct from my records. Bernardo + Raz stepped up in a big way and definitely improved but many might be surprised to find out that once Kevin went down the nearly entire attack force had a significant drop of in production barring Sane in terms of goals+assists / minutes. Even Dave and Gundogan.

Kevin is so valuable to us from an expected goals POV that we can lose Sane + Laporte long term and it doesn’t affect our title odds in the slightest because of how much he improves this seasons squad. I reckon some of that is Mendys impact too but mostly Kev.
Bit premature to say losing eric long term doesn't affect out title odds,of course it will as he is our best defender who starts many attacks,it has to get through to kev somehow,throw in sane's goals and assists and as an option off the bench and it will affect us very much indeed

Bit premature to say losing eric long term doesn't affect out title odds,of course it will as he is our best defender who starts many attacks,it has to get through to kev somehow,throw in sane's goals and assists and as an option off the bench and it will affect us very much indeed

That’s fair to say. Watching the matches and smaller details is obviously the purpose but throwing in the data aspect adds a fun layer on top. His injury will hurt our attack and loads of other things on top of just defending.

I guess the point I was putting out there is that on a single individual game losing Sane and Laporte doesn’t necessarily cause us as much harm as it sounds. If Nico or Raz get hurt then it’s a problem but having Kevin around unlocks everyone’s best game so not only do we have him but everyone gets a boost this season and I think that’s why the books are so bullish despite the injuries.

That’s fair to say. Watching the matches and smaller details is obviously the purpose but throwing in the data aspect adds a fun layer on top. His injury will hurt our attack and loads of other things on top of just defending.

I guess the point I was putting out there is that on a single individual game losing Sane and Laporte doesn’t necessarily cause us as much harm as it sounds. If Nico or Raz get hurt then it’s a problem but having Kevin around unlocks everyone’s best game so not only do we have him but everyone gets a boost this season and I think that’s why the books are so bullish despite the injuries.

It will matter in the big games - particularly away to the scousers.

It will matter in the big games - particularly away to the scousers.

Definitely agree it matters in individual matches, especially this one.

I guess I’m trying to make a few reassuring points for those who might be stressed. The over/under in points is 94.5 and only 88.5 for Cult FC. That’s a pretty significant margin, maybe too much imo. Not that I want it to be closer, but the agony of them being close and losing again wouldn’t be a bad thing :-)

Just to state the obvious here...he’s just a fun player to watch play football. He’s kind of an enigma for me. I can’t really recall moments where I was blown away but when you recall the matches in your head or watch them back on TV he always seems to make the right decisions and almost always executes it well. I guess that’s a sign of anyone who’s at the top of their profession if they make a difficult thing look so easy.

I suspect that unless you work in media very few people will understand the ABC reference. That said I agree re the Guardian but there are still over 1 million buying The Sun!!

Think you need to separate the Cs from the ABs, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.