******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some serious rain to avoid defeat in this test.

It's coming ,early hours of morning and should be with us till around lunchtime,hopefully bucket loads so they can't dry pitch out till around 4pm,then we can have 2 hours to survive.

Unfortunately it's to be fine on Saturday,so anyone with a ticket for Sunday,be prepared to get your money back.

For me Joe Root is a joke of a captain , hardly the type of guy to inspire you when the chips are down , he seems clueless!

I really can’t take to him at all so I’m probably biased but I think he has to go as captain

We gotta get that 298 to avoid the follow on, if we can do that then it will most likely be a draw and we will have escaped again. Cmon burns and denley please keep it together for next 40 mins or so.

Sky have made too much out of Stokes’s innings at Headingley. It was a phenomenal knock but there’s every chance it will go down in vain as we face a 2-1/3-1 loss. It seems to be on repeat with Stokes’s interview when the series hasn’t even finished yet.

Realistically, we have to bat at least 100 overs and pray a few sessions are lost to rain.

We gotta get that 298 to avoid the follow on, if we can do that then it will most likely be a draw and we will have escaped again. Cmon burns and denley please keep it together for next 40 mins or so.
Nah 298 won't be enough the Aussies will put a quickfire 100 on and we'll need to bat out day 5

The headingley test was just papering over the cracks, we haven't changed anything and root isn't a captain. Doesn't even look like the weather will be able to save us either, so let's hope some of our batsmen can actually dig in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.