Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely agree it matters in individual matches, especially this one.

I guess I’m trying to make a few reassuring points for those who might be stressed. The over/under in points is 94.5 and only 88.5 for Cult FC. That’s a pretty significant margin, maybe too much imo. Not that I want it to be closer, but the agony of them being close and losing again wouldn’t be a bad thing :-)

Just to state the obvious here...he’s just a fun player to watch play football. He’s kind of an enigma for me. I can’t really recall moments where I was blown away but when you recall the matches in your head or watch them back on TV he always seems to make the right decisions and almost always executes it well. I guess that’s a sign of anyone who’s at the top of their profession if they make a difficult thing look so easy.

It’s a valid observation, buddy

What can’t be denied is the balance he has brought.... left sided CB of his quality are few and far between. Will we manage? Absolutely, the system is built to push through obstacles like these, however, will it be less easy on the eye? 100%. I’d written prior to Brighton that he was well on his way to becoming one of the very best in Europe, that can’t be ignored and will surely impact the overall output... he’ll come back stronger though and one fecking day we will get a break with injuries, as it’s all that is restricting us at present from having a real push at the holy grail that is the CL!

It’s a valid observation, buddy

What can’t be denied is the balance he has brought.... left sided CB of his quality are few and far between. Will we manage? Absolutely, the system is built to push through obstacles like these, however, will it be less easy on the eye? 100%. I’d written prior to Brighton that he was well on his way to becoming one of the very best in Europe, that can’t be ignored and will surely impact the overall output... he’ll come back stronger though and one fecking day we will get a break with injuries, as it’s all that is restricting us at present from having a real push at the holy grail that is the CL!

Feels like he's a little older than 25 too doesn't it? I think you're definitely right about his trajectory towards the top especially with the ages of Chiellini, Ramos, Pique, vertongen, etc getting up there.

I'm sure having Nico and Mendy on the left in a big away match will have quite a few on here worried sick.

You aren't lying about the injuries either...Klopp doesn't rotate and has been running their front 3 into the ground from the get go and I think they've had one minor injury to Firmino and had TAA out a month and half. Of course Salah missed that one key match so Cult FC would tell you they were the unluckiest club in the history of football.

Sky sports news app saying he had op on cartilage and medial ligament? Have the club confirmed that? That’s a much lesser injury than ACL I hope that’s what the lad had he should recover quicker.

Only part of the story Marv. The Mail and Guardian have probably comfortably the two biggest online presences which are far more important in this day and age. I'd be surprised if physical copy circulation was anything more than a minor issue in media boardrooms nowadays.
Copy sales and print adverts is still how they make most of their money. The Guardian has a world-wide readership online but doesn't make much money from it. The digital adverts are sold as an overall package including the print edition which is still crucial to the brand's survival.

Copy sales and print adverts is still how they make most of their money. The Guardian has a world-wide readership online but doesn't make much money from it. The digital adverts are sold as an overall package including the print edition which is still crucial to the brand's survival.
I'd have less objection if their football was worth reading. Totally put in the shade by BBC Football which although biased in their coverage towards Utd and Liverpool, is still very readable at times e.g., there is a good article on BBC Football about trends in the new season using OPTA stats. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49562728

I'd have less objection if their football was worth reading. Totally put in the shade by BBC Football which although biased in their coverage towards Utd and Liverpool, is still very readable at times e.g., there is a good article on BBC Football about trends in the new season using OPTA stats. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49562728

VAR has had less of an impact than you might think.

Well, considering the games I've watched VAR has had a mighty impact. It's nicked two points from us, and not bothered with adding to the penalties awarded so far. We had three in one instance and got none, two last week. It seems the impact is only considered when it is used. Much of the shambles stems from when it isn't used!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.