Do you remember the first City game you ever attended.

The game against Bury at Maine Road was Colin Bell's debut - for Bury. And he scored (for Bury!) in the first half.

But you are right about Harry Dowd - he played centre forward after he broke his finger - and he scored the equaliser late in the second half.

I can't be sure who went in goal when Dowd got injured - my memory says it was Bobby Kennedy, but it was 55 years ago!

I was at the game also and I've definitely got memories of Alan Oakes being our deputy keeper but not sure for this particular game.

Can’t remember. It was 1977 I think. I always thought it was me that cursed us trophy wise!

First away was Everton though around 1978. Sat in their end with my dad. Bolton away was next when Daley scored

Not sure on my first home game, but first away game was v Barnsley in September 1988. Was only 5. Got beat 2-1. Trevor Morley scored for us.

first game was Vs newton heath November 1894 it was raining, think there was about 14,000 on, Parlby was manager then.. Been hooked ever since, where was I when we where shit !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.