Var debate 2019/20

It’s a myriad of issues for me that have led to the failed implementation. I think it will make referees naturally more cautious to give a foul anyway, but that’s made even worse when there’s also a principle of a “high bar” when reviewing.

In terms of ourselves, we haven’t had the rub of the green at all with it. I do think we will always have more VAR decisions against us (and ergo more contentious ones) just by the amount of how many goals we score and the nature of them (running past the oppositions defence).

I don’t buy and never have the bias towards particular clubs. I see too many poor decisions for other clubs too and, with my objective hat on, a lot of things referees could be doing that they’re not if they really did want to be biased about it.

... sigh - was almost done here, but here I go again - it depends on how you look at it, doesn't it? I presume that your stance is that anything that hinders City benefits Liverpool, and this on the assumption that the League is a two horse race - but how about this - Spurs, who I have no doubt will be considering themselves to be contenders, are a point closer to Liverpool after the VAR fiasco, a ruling that could, over the course of the season, affect our final league position - just a perspective, another way of looking at it ...
It is a two horse race, you know that, I know that, PGMOL know that and the premier league know that. Any decision that hinders City will directly benefit you club. If you imagine the bullies who demanded the introduction if the premier league and the distribution of gate money were untouchable and like all bullies gathered a following, in this case the followers were broadcasters and journalists. Then along comes the little skinny kid with no power enters the playground and gives each of them a good hiding in front of the whole school. The bullies become the ones being terrorised and they dont like it so with their friends and followers they think up ways to get their own back. They have to do this slyly because they are now the frightened ones too afraid to take on the skinny kid on the terms they used to dominate. So they introduce FFP, didnt work. Now they introduce VAR their latest wheeze to ambush the skinny kid. If this doesnt work something else will be introduced to try to stop City. In the meantime I will still watch the team playing the managers idea of how the game will be played and which more and more teams are trying to copy.

Do you know what status quo means?

Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal have won 1 league title in 8 years between them. Other clubs have won 10 of the last 15 titles. They have not been the richest clubs in the country for 11 years.

You cannot maintain a status quo that hasn't existed for a decade.

Fair play, it's 50 years since I got my grade C at Latin o'level.

You are right, there has been no status quo as I describe for the last ten years. That's because we came along and upset it and they have been trying ever since to stop us, or anyone else, upsetting it further.

Maybe I should have said "restore" the status quo but it's hard to Bluemoon and fish simultaneously.

... sigh - was almost done here, but here I go again - it depends on how you look at it, doesn't it? I presume that your stance is that anything that hinders City benefits Liverpool, and this on the assumption that the League is a two horse race - but how about this - Spurs, who I have no doubt will be considering themselves to be contenders, are a point closer to Liverpool after the VAR fiasco, a ruling that could, over the course of the season, affect our final league position - just a perspective, another way of looking at it ...
They say scouse land is full of comedians..
that's funny! Spuds winning the league haha.. They didn't gain a point on us and you we lost 2 points in the 2 horse race against you.. We're the team to beat therefore the team to have over, but I'm sure you have already figured that out...

Yeah, bricking a coach and throwing flares underneath near the fuel lines is so fucking classy. Cunnts

It's flawless logic - the reason for the orchestrated attack was because of our Team's presence in Liverpool - we provoked the locals and they responded accordingly.

Maybe those murdered at Heysel shouldn't have disturbed the hornet's nest either, eh?

1: Undoubtedly - most teams / supporters can reflect on decisions that go for, or against.
2: There were errors in the QF - offside - penalty claim.

These points are pre Premier League VAR, which is, after all, the nature of the thread. VAR has been introduced to reach the correct decisions, which is what is expected come what may - I have very little time for any blatantly incorrect decisions and want to see a VAR implementation fit for purpose.

On #1, I'm not asking about "most teams" and I wasn't saying for/against. The question is net/net, do you agree Liverpool benefited substantially from ref decisions last year (and way more than City)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.