Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its true that we'll be without Eric and Leroy for 17 games it's going to be an incredible challenge to keep the average of 3 points every game and champs league going. If we can keep tabs with the vermin till then we'll have a chance to go right to the end with them. It irritates the hell out of me that they've been so lucky with injuries.

If its true that we'll be without Eric and Leroy for 17 games it's going to be an incredible challenge to keep the average of 3 points every game and champs league going. If we can keep tabs with the vermin till then we'll have a chance to go right to the end with them. It irritates the hell out of me that they've been so lucky with injuries.
We were without de Bruyne and Mendy for most of last season.

VAR has had less of an impact than you might think.

Well, considering the games I've watched VAR has had a mighty impact. It's nicked two points from us, and not bothered with adding to the penalties awarded so far. We had three in one instance and got none, two last week. It seems the impact is only considered when it is used. Much of the shambles stems from when it isn't used!
After the SPurs game they put it on ice. They are trying to sneak it in now through the back door.

Not had knee surgery - touch wood! But, being a keeper, I have had 3 shoulder surgeries. the last one was to repair a complete tear of the rotator cuff (only discovered the extent when they went in) and whereas the surgery was a success, the after care was a woman as I am right handed and it was my right shoulder (of course) so even the simplest things like opening a tin or making a brew was a right PITA! Rehab was the worst as it took forever (but then again, like everyone here, I work) but its fine now and don't have any issues whatsoever if I'm honest...…… just wanted to set your sights buddy, not piss you off completely ;-)

Cheers fella. Much appreciated.

We were without de Bruyne and Mendy for most of last season.

Mendy wasn't that much of a loss and besides I think Zinchenko is a better footballer and suited Peps system better. We did incredibly well to manage without Kev but we did have the performances of Bernardo to soften the blow. Laporte and Sane are fantastic footballers and we'll be tested to the max to manage without them.

Haha all these experts.

I know there’s good intentions though, irrespective of the time it’s a huge boost for him only being a cartilage/meniscus injury and not the dreaded ACL.

I know players return after the ACL surgery but are they EVER the same?

Think Roy Keane, Wes Brown, Michael Owen, Robert Pires etc etc?

Due to this I fear for Sane.....I did my own ACL 18 years ago and I still play most sports (to a shit level) and mine was done on NHS!

For the record, cartilage is attached to the bone, the meniscus is the shock absorbers between the bones and floats independently of the bone. They’re used interchangeably but they are completely different. Surgeons love slicing people up (it pays the bills) but it was discovered a few years ago the the cartilage/meniscus had its own very low blood supply which is the key to healing without surgery. Most pro footballers don’t have luxury of simply waiting for it to heal though unfortunately.

I tore my cartilage a few years ago and simply rested it, 4 months later....like it never happened.

If his recovery goes well it could be 6 weeks, if not it could be as long as 12 weeks so expect anywhere in between as we all heal differently. That’s my two penneth.

Either way we’ll still beat those scouse twats.

Up the blues!

Mendy wasn't that much of a loss and besides I think Zinchenko is a better footballer and suited Peps system better. We did incredibly well to manage without Kev but we did have the performances of Bernardo to soften the blow. Laporte and Sane are fantastic footballers and we'll be tested to the max to manage without them.
Mendy before he was injured was up there with the very best. I'd put him up there with Cafu, Marcelo for his offensive ability. I have never seen a City full back rain in crosses like he put in. It was insane. Whether he can play at the same level we have to wait and see. Mendy was a massive loss to us because he was at such a high level when he was injured. What his level is now. only City players, Mendy and coaching staff know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.