How the game has changed.

I wonder how City of today would fare on the pitches of the seventies.

A short quick passing game would look dodgy in inch thick mud!

Or Derby where they had to remark the penalty spot before Derby could take a penalty?

Watched Big Match recently with my youngest lad. Late 70's match. He couldn't believe the goalies played in shorts and without gloves

I have a relative who is an ex-pro who played in the 60s and 70s, including time in the old first division. His opinion is that the tops teams from then wouldn’t do well in the Championship today.
Indeed.

Rochdale scored a goal last week that would be played still today if it was scored in the 1960s. But it’ll be forgotten about in a few months. Blackburn scored one a few years ago that was better than the 1970 Brazil goal but I bet most people don’t even know about it.

Tell you who was a player when you watch his old videos though: Jimmy Greaves. He was putting the ball in the bottom corner just inside the post from everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.