Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

The first time I stayed in Glasgow was when it was the City of Culture, in a B&B off the Byres Road. Because of it's status, I'm told that a Glasgow Kiss was accompanied by the words "Stitch that, James"! ;-) Some good pubs round there, though.
I worked up there many times over the years, latterly in the Ibis, Novotel, etc cluster near the Police HQ. Never saw or got into any trouble, and the locals were always very friendly and helpful. I've not had occasion to go up there since I retired, but have fond memories of the city.

Love to hear people enjoy Glasgow and most Glaswegians would step in if anybody was taking liberties. Seen that a few times when cunts had to be told to chill or they would be the first who would get a sore face for embarrassing the city. As it should be. There are cunts everywhere and sometimes they need to be told.

My own city of Glasgow is a great place to visit and people are welcome and made to feel so. Are there places I wouldn’t go with a battalion of commandos? Absolutely, but in the main it’s s great place to go to.

The rule is don’t act like you’re a hardman shouting the odds. You will bump into someone much harder. Like any city. Although we do have more than our quota of Fucking maniacs.

I also find small towns to be worse. It seems as though they think they need to be crazier because they come for a no mark place.
Worked in Springburn for 13 years.
Shithole.
Always thought if I kept on doing the journey from the station to work I would end up getting done in.
Last resort was when two sunbed shops got set alight one after another.
Seemingly gangster warfare.
Ended up doing the far safer Ashfield walk.
Possil another place to avoid.

Worked in Springburn for 13 years.
Shithole.
Always thought if I kept on doing the journey from the station to work I would end up getting done in.
Last resort was when two sunbed shops got set alight one after another.
Seemingly gangster warfare.
Ended up doing the far safer Ashfield walk.
Possil another place to avoid.

That’s the places the commandos are required.

My family Hail from Partick. Cowcaddens is good as you’re literally two minutes walk from the city center as you know.

Right across Glasgow, my family.... castlemilk, East Kilbride, Rutherglen, to name a few.... I’d send a thousand of the boys from across Glasgow to go into London and sort
the petty squabbling out (: would be back in line in no time!

Ex-Wife was from Falkirk.
Used to love getting off the train at Glasgow Central and then walking quickly over to Queen St Station to get the train to Falkirk Grahamston and then to her house for a shag.
When the lust had worn off i used to get off the train at Central, get a burger or breakfast at Casey Jones, slow amble over to Queen St Station and have one or ten beers in a pub to the side of the station, can't remember the name but it had a red frontage or sign.
Would then turn up in Falkirk about 5 hours later, absolutely bollocksed.
Great times and never had any hassle

Used to love getting off the train at Glasgow Central and then walking quickly over to Queen St Station to get the train to Falkirk Grahamston and then to her house for a shag.
When the lust had worn off i used to get off the train at Central, get a burger or breakfast at Casey Jones, slow amble over to Queen St Station and have one or ten beers in a pub to the side of the station, can't remember the name but it had a red frontage or sign.
It's a wonder you had any bollocks making your ex Mrs wait for you; )

And everybody delighted to see you fall in the door. Class. You’re a Glaswegian. Proud of you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.