Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was pretty close to the United end. Pretty sad to see some of their fans down the front, few ‘big hard lads’ giving slit throat gestures to city fans and acting like idiots at what was essentially a family day out full of kids. Pathetic
Thats what they do wan*ers

Enjoyed it today.

On the down side we had united in with home fans which was wrong, took us half an hour to muster an attempt on target & they could’ve been 2 up by half time.

On the plus side, we were much improved and bossed the second half, our goal was a peach, we were missing Ellen White our new no 1 striker, you can see they are playing the city(pep) way just like all our other teams, we got 32K paying supporters in the ground, the new signing who came on 2nd half and played wide right looks like a real asset.

I agree, terrible first half much better in the second.
First match I have been to since the switch to winter games and the team has definitely gone backwards. The salary cap doesn’t help, we have lost Bronze, Duggan, Christiansen and Parish to European sides. Also the World Cup and recent England friendly games seem to have taken it out of Haughton who was well below her best, as were Walsh and Stanway.

I thought Caroline Weir, Ellie and Demi were our best players. Georgia had her worst game in a City shirt and Kiera thought she was Ray Wilkins, “the Crab”.

The first half was a shocker but we dominated the 2nd 45mins. The standard has dipped since Izzy Christiansen fell out of favour and we haven’t had a playmaker to dictate the tempo of the game. The quality of Bronze and Duggan has been missed (as well as Nikita’s energy) but I think losing Izzy has affected our game the most.

That said, any win against the rags is a good one. Plus, we are usually a lot better than we showed today.

Great goal and win but I thought it was poor standard.
Sorry but that is it for women's football for me.
Just cannot get into it at all.

Was pretty close to the United end. Pretty sad to see some of their fans down the front, few ‘big hard lads’ giving slit throat gestures to city fans and acting like idiots at what was essentially a family day out full of kids. Pathetic

I was walking back towards Ancoats Road after the game and a bunch of rags walking behind me were sneaking about City. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were the knobs doing the throat slitting gestures. They were struggling to find there way back to Piccadilly Station like all good Man reds.

I thought about fronting them up but it’s wasn’t worth it.

A win against any variety of Rags is always a pleasure.
It was a goal worthy of winning any match, anywhere.
Over 31,000 attendance is a record worth noting.
' With a knick, knack, paddy whack...their pathetic dogs just can't help it.
I never felt more like singing the Blues...

I thought Caroline Weir, Ellie and Demi were our best players. Georgia had her worst game in a City shirt and Kiera thought she was Ray Wilkins, “the Crab”.

The first half was a shocker but we dominated the 2nd 45mins. The standard has dipped since Izzy Christiansen fell out of favour and we haven’t had a playmaker to dictate the tempo of the game. The quality of Bronze and Duggan has been missed (as well as Nikita’s energy) but I think losing Izzy has affected our game the most.

That said, any win against the rags is a good one. Plus, we are usually a lot better than we showed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.