******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no cricket man but we only need 350 odd? 9 men average 40 each? Doesn’t seem that hard to me? Especially if a couple get 100? Am I missing something??

I am no cricket man but we only need 350 odd? 9 men average 40 each? Doesn’t seem that hard to me? Especially if a couple get 100? Am I missing something??

Yeah, the maths in that is sound enough but it really doesn’t work like that. Hardly any team has chased down 380-odd to win a test match, even with a less fragile batting line-up than England’s. England themselves have never successfully chased more than 362 to win a test and that was in the last match. Before that it was 332. That’s because it’s harder to bat in the 4th innings as a general rule of thumb because the pitch deteriorates over time. There will be uneven bounce for the pacemen to exploit. Lyon will probably be spinning it round corners tomorrow as well.

Yeah, the maths in that is sound enough but it really doesn’t work like that. Hardly any team has chased down 380-odd to win a test match, even with a less fragile batting line-up than England’s. England themselves have never successfully chased more than 362 to win a test and that was in the last match. Before that it was 332. That’s because it’s harder to bat in the 4th innings as a general rule of thumb because the pitch deteriorates over time. There will be uneven bounce for the pacemen to exploit. Lyon will probably be spinning it round corners tomorrow as well.

Not to mention the glaring lack of individual (in many) and collective confidence amongst England’s players.

Ok 350 divided by 8 - 43 ish each. Seems possible?
Technically you were right I guess as there’s 11 players and 2 gone, but game over when 10th man out. It’s possible but to score that many runs on the last day of a test match is very unlikely. England will go out there trying to simply stay in and get a draw like last time

Yeah and they shouldnt have done that either because Stokesy for plumb lbw, and but for the aussies wasting there reviews England would have lost the headingley test. For tomorrow England have a chance for a draw, bit i cant see the batsmen applying themselves, so unfortunately its a aussie win.

A lot of them, understandably, look nackered. I don’t actually think we’ve been too bad overall, Smith really has been the difference. Given how good their bowling attack is as well though (anyone saying they’re a one man team is forgetting they have the no.1 bowler in their team as well), Smith aside we’ve matched up pretty well. It’s more we’ve been lacklustre in the field and with the ball. The only bowler we’ve had that’s been consistently good is Broad.

Been on a flight from Sydney to portland. Missed the whole day's play. Just seen score. Holy shit Smith is too fucking good! Still think England are a chance with another Stokes miracle. Dave Warner wtf
You need a good kip, England have no chance on that wicket, it’s deteriorating faster than The Granny shaggers hair transplant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.