#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually thought Foden would get more games this season , but if you look at the way Merlin has started the season there is little chance of Foden starting at the moment , Merlin has turned the clock back ten years and is dominating games , maybe he will tire later in the season and Foden will get a few starts, but it looks like at present he will be relying on cup games and champs league dead rubbers if he wants to play 90 minutes.

You’d expect him to come on when we’re 3-0 up against Brighton at home. He’s been patient sitting on the bench for a year and he mostly delivered when he got the chance, it’s his time to step up now so we better start giving him game time.

In 17/18 he logged 328 minutes. In 18/19 he logged 1112. I’m sure he’ll get close to 2000 this season which is more than enough game time in Dave’s final season.

Pep will do right by Phil I’m sure of it.
That's exactly what'll happen imo.

If he's going to reach his potential we need him to be starting more games.

However, at this point in time, who do you drop? Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero and Sterling have had an electric start. That leaves just one starting position up for grabs, which Bernardo (last season's POTY) and Mahrez are vying for.

Yes, he should be getting brought on more. But sub appearances aren't enough and you can only get place in our team based on merit. So maybe he needs to do more in training or wait until an opportunity comes along.

I’ve said this previously, but he will end up leaving if he’s just sat on the bench most of the season.

He’s not going to wait until he’s 21 to play or be content with just training with the first team. He needs actual minutes to develop. Sancho saw that.

I think pep obviously gets a lot right, but if foden ends up leaving it will be a huge mistake. I can’t see how any youth player would get into the first team if foden doesn’t - one of if iot the best young talent in England for me

There always seems to be 100 excuses why he shouldn’t play. Chelsea were the same last season

Last edited:
Not looking for an argument here but why has Pep not done what posters are suggesting ?

I read something recently where Pep was intimating that Foden should become more assertive , but I didn't read an explanation of whether he meant as a person, player or what. Perhaps in a squad so full of talent, Foden doesn't impose himself when in training in a way which say Sancho has done , or Mount at Chelsea etc.

I have no doubt that Pep believes in Foden , but has some reservations regarding the amount of playing time he should be given at present.

Not looking for an argument here but why has Pep not done what posters are suggesting ?

I read something recently where Pep was intimating that Foden should become more assertive , but I didn't read an explanation of whether he meant as a person, player or what. Perhaps in a squad so full of talent, Foden doesn't impose himself when in training in a way which say Sancho has done , or Mount at Chelsea etc.

I have no doubt that Pep believes in Foden , but has some reservations regarding the amount of playing time he should be given at present.

Perhaps those posters are clueless :)

Perhaps those posters are clueless :)

I did say I was not looking for an argument ..........

I believe that the hype created by Sancho and others has created the situation where OP's are demanding that Foden should be getting games, but there are obviously different dynamics and situations within other clubs which have advanced their opportunities.

Imho Foden is a very talented player , who when given his chances has shown his ability , surpassing others who have been selected by their clubs and international manager(s) by virtue of the clubs they play for ( . there appears to be no end to that shit selection process by England managers ).

But one of the truly great managers doesn't yet see fit to give him more playing time , and I am happy to believe that the matter is being handled properly and with the very best of intentions . Perhaps I have become more patient with age .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.