Football autobiography

It’s not an autobiography, but @Gary James' biography of the great Joe Mercer is a must-read for any City supporter.

It’s my favourite football book.
Thanks for that. I really appreciate comments about my work and that book is pretty special to me. It's the book I enjoyed writing the most. It's still available via Amazon as a hardback book or kindle too. Kindle:

The Greatest Footballer You Never Saw - The Robin Friday Story - by Paul Mcguigan and Paolo Hewitt

Billy Meredith's biography Football Wizard is a great read. He had a very eventful life in football and set up what became the PFA.

Not an autobio but I mostly enjoyed The Mixer: The Story of Premier League Tactics, from Route One to False Nines by Michael Cox.
The chapter about Liverpool's failure to win the league against Pelligrini's team lets it down as it gives City very little credit for the great football they played but, if you can see beyond that, it is an interesting read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.