Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester United Women's boss Casey Stoney refuses to speak to media after Manchester City defeat
By Pa Reporter07:56, 08 Sep 2019, updated 09:36, 08 Sep 2019

18210442-0-image-m-13_1567925744927.jpg

Manchester United Women's coach Casey Stoney refused to attend the post-match press conference after her side's 1-0 derby defeat to Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

In a move which drew inevitable comparisons with Sir Alex Ferguson's turbulent relationship with the media, Stoney kept reporters waiting for over an hour before the club sent word that she had left the ground.

Stoney's decision was made all the more baffling for the fine account her side had shown on their Women's Super League debut, watched by a record-breaking crowd of 31,213.

18210442-0-image-a-1_1567925655340.jpg

I think we know why the salary cap is in place. Something to do with a couple of clubs being dominant. I wonder if it would be in place if the Liverpool or rags were regular challengers...

Yes, well, they're shooting themselves in the foot and we do well enough with it and we'll just butcher them anyway with player development.

First match of the season and it looks like the ladies team are going to be just as bad as the mens team. That club cant help it self !!. So Casey Stoney thinks she is the womens version of fergie.
I guess we go into the record books as winning the first derby match and the scum into the record books for the first fine of the season. I guess Stoney will be fined for not for filling her media duties.

I think the other benefit of yesterday is that many families have experience of football in the Etihad for the first time. Yesterday helped to grow our fanbase for both the Women’s and (in the medium to longer term) Men’s Teams, that is important if we are to fill an expanded North Stand / ground.

Where I was sat there were lots of young fans with Ederson shirts. Our keeper is clearly very popular with the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.