******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
this england team got more hole's in it than the 4000 hole's in blackburn lancashire
its hard watching this morning and roy should never play test cricket again so so many things wrong that anybody that's got little to none knowledge can see

look its over for this ashes and the pain can be a bonus and a lesson we have to learn from and BIG changes are needed ??? 1st things is the right coach (Mickey Arthur) and 2nd the right captain picked by him, then all new batting line up with only burns root from the cull, ollie pope has to given his chance, wicket keeper not Jonny bairstow or buttler and bring back ben foakes who did ok and score runs, bowling archer broad leach and then ?? woakes woods currans and maybe another fast bowler who can bowl 90mph

In the same situation as the Cardiff ashes test in 2009. 20-2 that day and we batted out 97 overs

I think we were 4 down at lunch on the final day too, maybe even 5 (Edit: Just checked and we were 102-5 at lunch). Jimmy and Monty deservedly get a lot of credit for holding out at the end but the platform was built by Collingwood who dug in and must’ve faced close on half those 97 overs for his 70-odd runs. If one batsman can do that then it makes it easier for all the remaining players to bat out the other overs. Trouble is, there isn’t anyone left to bat who I reckon could face 250+ balls. Denly possibly I suppose but he’s not even halfway there yet.

Starc is deadly against tailenders. If we lose another wicket soon, there’s every chance this will be over by tea.

Unfortunately, Bairstow and Buttler aren’t batsmen you’d back to save you a test match.

Drop Roy, take the captaincy of Root and give it to Burns, because let's be honest we have no other opening batsman and your top players should play with freedom to focus on their core competencies, and your bowlers should never be captain.

My final test team: Burns, Denly, Root, Pope, Stokes, Bairstow, Buttler, Curran, Broad, Archer, Leach.

It's a disgrace Sam hasn't played this series. I think they've been terrified of giving Lyon rough and foot marks and ruled out one of our most talented young players as a result. Left arm seam is a valuable alternative, right arm over takes 200 runs to get Smith out so try something different and Curran is also one of the best batsmen in the setup as well.

Lots of doom and gloom but we all know our failings, we prioritised the World Cup and it was ace so I’m not to disheartened. I grew up watching England during the 90s so this doesn’t compare to that! Take that cheating weirdo out of the Aussie side and the teams are well matched. That said lots of room for improvement!

Lots of doom and gloom but we all know our failings, we prioritised the World Cup and it was ace so I’m not to disheartened. I grew up watching England during the 90s so this doesn’t compare to that! Take that cheating weirdo out of the Aussie side and the teams are well matched. That said lots of room for improvement!
Limited over cricket (50 or 20 overs) is fine, and is great entertainment for those who like their cricket condensed into 1 day. But the five day game is the true test of a cricketer's skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.