#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say I was not looking for an argument ..........

I believe that the hype created by Sancho and others has created the situation where OP's are demanding that Foden should be getting games, but there are obviously different dynamics and situations within other clubs which have advanced their opportunities.

Imho Foden is a very talented player , who when given his chances has shown his ability , surpassing others who have been selected by their clubs and international manager(s) by virtue of the clubs they play for ( . there appears to be no end to that shit selection process by England managers ).

But one of the truly great managers doesn't yet see fit to give him more playing time , and I am happy to believe that the matter is being handled properly and with the very best of intentions . Perhaps I have become more patient with age .

My response wasn't aimed at you bud and I agree with your post. Pep sees the lad every day and is able to make an informed decision as to when it would be best to play him, whereas posters don't have that insight, so imo are mainly posting on wishes and romance.

Like you, age has increased my patience.

I suspect the enforced early substitution for Laporte limited our options somewhat
No it didn't. His two substitutions after the Laporte injury were Gundo for Kevin and Bernardo for David. If he wanted to bring Foden on, he would've.

I feel the Sancho affect has distorted the view on how young players are handled. Sancho has gone to Dortmund and the hype has been incredible which has led to the clamour for young players to be given early game time. If you take a step back and look at Sancho is he benefiting long term, does he look that great whilst playing for England other than a couple of stepovers ? Mount has got in due to a couple of goals and media pressure though have Chelsea really been that great, not really.
I hope Foden gets more game time however we are not going to give him it for the sake of it, when he does he's got to take more risks, understandably he plays safe but to take that next step he's got it in him to be that man who makes the pass or takes the shot, just my opinion....

I said it 2 weeks ago but like normal on here I get flagged down by 1 maybe 2 certain individuals who are never wrong.

Phil Foden for his own footballing career needs minutes now not next year or 10 minutes here & there the kid want & has to be playing.

For god sake people the kid has so much potential & is City through & through but for the good of everyone give him the chance to learn in big games week in week out.

He should have gone out in the last week or so.

He loves City he bleeds blue but just like players before him the kid needs to taste minutes even if it Italy, Spain or Championship.

Mount, Abrahams, Loftus Cheek even Harry wanker Kane has done it.

January he hast to go unless we loose 2 cm

I feel the Sancho affect has distorted the view on how young players are handled. Sancho has gone to Dortmund and the hype has been incredible which has led to the clamour for young players to be given early game time. If you take a step back and look at Sancho is he benefiting long term, does he look that great whilst playing for England other than a couple of stepovers ? Mount has got in due to a couple of goals and media pressure though have Chelsea really been that great, not really.
I hope Foden gets more game time however we are not going to give him it for the sake of it, when he does he's got to take more risks, understandably he plays safe but to take that next step he's got it in him to be that man who makes the pass or takes the shot, just my opinion....
Don't buy that. Sane broke through at Schalke at 19 too. Special talents at that age play

Letting Gundogan's contract expire would've been a terrible idea. Our only CMs would've been Bernardo (who's a part-time winger), Kevin, and Foden... and we wouldn't have had a backup DM for when after Fernandinho leaves. We 100% would've gone out and bought a replacement for him, and it probably would've been someone better and younger, too. It's up in the air whether or not we get a Silva replacement (although it's been reported that we won't), but letting Gundo go wouldn't have solved anything.

Look at it this way - it will be easier for Foden to compete with Gundogan than with a new purchase. Letting Gundo go and then spending big on another attacking midfielder, as you suggested, would be a complete slap in the face to Foden. What we have to do now is wait and see if Pep gives him the opportunity to prove that we don't need to buy a Silva replacement next summer.
No it wouldn't be. In that scenario. Gundogan and Silva would be leaving. 2 AM out, 2 AM in (one of them Foden). Its pretty simple.

In this current scenario, we have to basically pray that Foden impresses in his limited game time to convince not to buy. And then if we spend big on Silva replacement, we basically have to sell Foden.

I said it 2 weeks ago but like normal on here I get flagged down by 1 maybe 2 certain individuals who are never wrong.

Phil Foden for his own footballing career needs minutes now not next year or 10 minutes here & there the kid want & has to be playing.

For god sake people the kid has so much potential & is City through & through but for the good of everyone give him the chance to learn in big games week in week out.

He should have gone out in the last week or so.

He loves City he bleeds blue but just like players before him the kid needs to taste minutes even if it Italy, Spain or Championship.

Mount, Abrahams, Loftus Cheek even Harry wanker Kane has done it.

January he hast to go unless we loose 2 cm
I know you mean me so i won't disappoint,he is really going to continue to learn pep football in the championship and italy,think about it ffs,he is a talent in the dave mould and a loan there would kill his creative flair stone dead

Last edited:
I know you mean me so i won't disappoint,he is really going to continue to learn pep football in the championship and italy,think about it ffs,he is a talent in the dave mould and a loan there would kill his creative flair stone dead
Nonsense. Have you watched any championship football? Lots of teams play on the ground now. Plus, he won’t ‘lose’ flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.