Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that Pep works like that. He has no problem handing out bollockings when he thinks they are needed .

Just ask Walker.
Sorry I was being sarcastic I’m sure he doesn’t work like that. He does seem to like Gundogan and fits him in where he can.

Sorry I was being sarcastic I’m sure he doesn’t work like that. He does seem to like Gundogan and fits him in where he can.

I knew that really mate.

I agree with you, but Pep clearly rates him more than many on here do, and I am in the not sure category. I think he can be a weakness in the deep lying role and today he offered little protection to the defence.

He is better when he can concentrate on playing forward .

As always great when the play is in front of him but teams have a go they just swan past him,he is a good player but not not built for defending

Very average today. Understood Pep's thinking with giving him a start especially how well he did in that position last season but the game completely changed once Rodri came on.

Can’t understand why Pep played him in that role today when better players Rodri and Fernandino are available. It seems he is always trying to shoe horn him in somewhere. Today he was slower than usual and gutless.
Simple. Pep didn't expect Gundugan to have a bad game.
When Gundo is on it he can perfectly compensate for his weaknesses with intelligent play and good positioning.
But when he's not he tends to look soft and out of place.

And we gave him a contract extension because??? Coward as per usual and he is stealing minutes that should be Foden's. Find a gullible German club that will take him off our hands.

If we lose Foden because of Gundogan then thats absolutely shocking and would send sad message to our academy. Think Pep needs to make statement now, too many players comfortable and dropping Gundogan for Foden would go long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.