Stadium tour today

Doing it on Wednesday with my 8 year old. Hope cos its early that not tok much is closed off.

Went today with my brother who is over from New Zealand. Fantastic, very informative and I was chosen to do the press conference with Pep. The guide made a huge faux pas when he announced we were formed 150 years ago. FFS.

There was however a more serious incident. Many have spoken about the state of disrepair to the floor around the stadium. Today, a disabled lady was thrown face first to the ground when her wheelchair became stuck in a sort of pot hole, after being treated by a medic she rejoined the tour later with cuts and bruises to her mouth. This could have been very serious and put the club in the news again, with a negative spin of course. As a disabled supporter I’m very proud of the clubs disabled access policy. Is the club or the council responsible/culpable for this? I’ve notified the club by email this evening...

.... Yesterday a disabled lady’s wheelchair got stuck in one of the many ‘pot holes’ in this area and as a result she was thrown from her chair face first. Thankfully she wasn’t seriously hurt and rejoined the tour later after medical treatment. I also had the same problem, but my wheelchair is electrically powered so despite a large judder and a few shakes it carried on over the pot hole. The lady mentioned was not so lucky as she was being pushed by a Carer and the front wheels became stuck and the momentum threw her to the floor.....
When it rains, the amount of pot holes and uneven surfaces means there are many deep or large surface area puddles everywhere. Especially on the East Stand side of the ground.

When wet the walk up JMW can be a little bit slippery and the concourses inside the ground are very slippery.

Went yesterday with my lad and grandson, really enjoyed it, good tour guides, grandson (almost 5) didn't really have that much of a clue, a few things really stood out for him though, from his reactions, the press conference bit (won't spoil it but he loved it) the dugout, and walking onto the terrace's for the first time and with a sharp intake of breath just went "WOOOOOOOOW", highly recommended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.