Human League

The one in Stafford, effectively a cow shed, is still there, Staffordshire County Showground - now used for country shows and alike. The other was in Birmingham, not far from Broad Street, an exhibition centre really, saw The Jam there in 1982, Roxy Music, The Stones, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Status Quo and the Clash among others all played there in the 70's, it caught fire in 1984 during the caravan and camping show and was demolished just after.

That would explain an awful lot, case closed after 40 years....

Went to see them back in November at the arena,was a good gig,but only around 1h 20 mins set,songs were shorter back in the day I suppose

Always saw them as a bit of a girl's band myself - Wham, Simply Red, Duran Duran that sort of thing - but at the better end. Some catchy tunes but there's nothing special about the vocals, lyrics or musicians for me.

They were the great days of music for me. Have very little interest these days except in the bands from that era.
Ditto.1978-1982 ..The Golden era.my record collection reflects this.Bauhaus Siouxsie Japan Cabs early Sisters, Virgin Prunes. ..the two early HL albums Travelouge and Reproduction are electronic masterpeices.
'Nagnagnag 'The Cabs from 78 and 'Seconds too late '1980 are two of my fav singles of all time.as is Voice of Bhudda/Being Boiled by HL..not to mention Body Electric/Damage Done and Andrenochome by Sisters.....All hail The Drum Machine! ; )

Always saw them as a bit of a girl's band myself - Wham, Simply Red, Duran Duran that sort of thing - but at the better end. Some catchy tunes but there's nothing special about the vocals, lyrics or musicians for me.

Does there need to be something special about the vocals, lyrics or musicians?

A band of that certain time, and brilliant upto travelogue - not the same after the split.

I got to see them play a few times in the early days in and around Sheffield as a mate was managing the Cabs at that time and used to get invited to loads of gigs.

The Sheffield scene was great while it lasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.