How long is your commute to work?

I work for an American firm and some of my NYC colleagues do that sort of thing. One does a 4 hour drive then pays $100 a day to park. Another does a 4.% hour each way bus trip. Crazy beyond belief.
WOW! I get pissed off if I don't get home for minder on itv4 +1. (4.45)

As the crow flies it's only 10 miles but it takes 1hr. 45 mins on public transport.
Dublin's infrastructure is a joke.
An hour by bicycle, but I was knocked off it by a taxi two days ago and the bike is in the workshop.

Anyone who commutes over 40 minutes each way, 5 days a week should read this: https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/10/06/the-true-cost-of-commuting/

It's based in $s but you get the idea....

I've started working from home at least 3 days per week (with modern technology this should become easier), my commute is usually 15 mins there, 40 mins back (unless I can leave early - the M60 around barton bridge is a joke).

I live on isle of wight and work about 80 miles away on mainland, Welcome to the stone age of transport links.
That sounds like absolute madness. Think of how much of your life you're wasting on your commute?!

On a good day and I make all connections about 90 mins each way (walk to tram stop, tram to Wimbledon and train to Hampton court) I usually allow 2 hours

Sat on a ferry going to Martha's Vineyard....
Left home 5.45am for a 1 and 3/4 hour drive to Woods Hole on Cape Cod. The ferry is 45 mins, catch a bus on the island for a 15 min drive to where i need to be. Be there maybe 3 hours max and then bus /ferry / bus back to the car park and 1 and 3/4 hour drive back home.
Do this once a week since the person on the island quit. Hope it takes them a while to find soneone else! In all it is a 12 - 13 hour round trip. Last week I stayed on the island and enjoyed the day and caught the last ferry home.

2 hours this morning thanks to the ***t who broke down on the M60 near Trafford park

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.