Vincent Kompany testimonial

So you think that a testimonial for a long serving player is only part of the modern game.
If you go back over the last100/120 years you will find 100s of testimonial games played by all clubs. Until recently the proceeds from a testimonial game were given as a thank you by the fans for a particular players service to a club.
Nowadays all top players are millionaires and do not need the proceeds of a testimonial match to help them through retirement.
Instead they give the proceeds to a charity/charities of their choosing to help fund them.
Obviously if you don't agree with giving to charity keep your money in your pocket and don't bother paying tribute to our greatest ever captain.

I've always thought testimonials were a waste of time but accept that in the past players needed / deserved that last pay off.

But thanks for the history lesson, nothing blindingly obvious in there.

Booked half day, travelling up on the train Wednesday afternoon then straight home in the car after the game. A long old journey but will be a good night I hope.

Im shitting it ,scholes on the same pitch with sergio and david,with the whole media on his side to explain away his " unfortunate lunge or ill timed tackle " that puts either one of them out for a while,i hope to fk I'm wrong .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.