UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new BBC article will kick it off again no doubt.

"Man City have assembled first 1 billion euro squad", I'm not linking it.
Just seen that piece. Another disgusting and unbalanced article from the BBC. It seems to be based on estimated current squad value for insurance purposes ie not what we have actually paid for players. But it doesn't make that clear and doesn't explain how they arrived at the figures. Meanwhile the the second paragraph is the usual snide (racist?) dig at our owners.

The new BBC article will kick it off again no doubt.

"Man City have assembled first 1 billion euro squad", I'm not linking it.
It’s annoying as it’s based on their value now but they make it sound like we’ve spent that amount on getting this team.

Sorry, hadn’t seen bobby had made the same point above.

Just seen that piece. Another disgusting and unbalanced article from the BBC. It seems to be based on estimated current squad value for insurance purposes ie not what we have actually paid for players. But it doesn't make that clear and doesn't explain how they arrived at the figures. Meanwhile the the second paragraph is the usual snide (racist?) dig at our owners.
On BBC teletext it says spent £906m on current players, no mention of insurance value ?

The Pinto case is key on a couple of fronts... his likely conviction will undermine the evidence he has obtained but, more importantly, I very much doubt he’s acted alone in this process. He may have obtained the leaks himself but he will have had contacts within the sport who have paid him for info. etc. I doubt by the end of his trial that we will be the only ones in the dock... as much as anything the judicial process will no doubt take a wider look at the leaks which simply cannot be all about us - common sense tells you that there’s other clubs with much bigger skeletons in the cupboard.
Yep- it’s quite amazing how ,out of the alleged millions of hacked documents there are supposed to be, how quickly the ones concerning us were weeded out.
Unless sr. Pinto has a personal grudge against us and made it his priority to find this ‘evidence’ quickly, then one would get the impression that there may be unseen hands driving him behind the scenes.

Surprise surprise, the beeb don't mention anywhere at all in their 'article' that the one billion figure is based off value now, which in turn is based off performance, development and success gained.

Could also view it as circa £250m per trophy last season, significantly better than the £600m+ Liverpool spent for a return if just one trophy, or the £700m+ spent by man utd in converting themselves into a circus.

Bias or completely inept reporting? Hard to tell with them, so I'll go for both.

On BBC teletext it says spent £906m on current players, no mention of insurance value ?
If you clink on the link on the online story it takes you to a list by CIES (a Swiss stats group) which refers to the indemnity value of the squads. There is no player breakdown so perhaps it is just some more fake news. The transfer cost of our Euro squad is about £600m so it must be based on estimated value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.