General Videogame Thread

Had a Doom fest the other night as I was updating my steam client and after around 2 hours felt sic as as a dog and full on nauseous. Simulator sickness doesn't normally effect me so maybe it was just the frenetic sped of the game and duration. Anyone else admit to getting this or am I just a lamer.

Hey guys, I don’t know if this is the good place to talk about this, let me know if I break any rules.
Im working for a big game company, and we're planning on making a new soccer game, but on mobile. Beyond the FIFA/PES debate, I was wondering what you guys think makes a football game great as a player but also as a football fan.

Hey guys, I don’t know if this is the good place to talk about this, let me know if I break any rules.
Im working for a big game company, and we're planning on making a new soccer game, but on mobile. Beyond the FIFA/PES debate, I was wondering what you guys think makes a football game great as a player but also as a football fan.

I don't think a good football game can be made on mobile but i'm happy to be wrong.

Master League (when it was just on Pro Evo) was one of my favourite things in any football game but of course FIFA took it to another level by introducing Ultimate Team.

I suppose most of it has already been done. We even have a mix of football and cars in Rocket League. Make a game where you can professionally foul, punch referees, etc....

PC and console is the way to go, but I understand the opportunity to make money on mobile is tempting

Had a Doom fest the other night as I was updating my steam client and after around 2 hours felt sic as as a dog and full on nauseous. Simulator sickness doesn't normally effect me so maybe it was just the frenetic sped of the game and duration. Anyone else admit to getting this or am I just a lamer.
Found I am affected more as I get older. Particularly stuff like gears of war where they have the bouncy camera. So you are not alone.

You can disable it in Gears.
Thanks for the info mate, I was aware but was just using it as an example that it’s the additional motion above the normal running motion that does it for me. More of a Battlefield fan myself which is a bit slower paced and don’t have any issues with that.

Having it on the right platform is a start. Mobile - don't waste your time. It'll be shit, despite your work, and even if it does well at release, it'll disappear into thin air in no time at all, to be replaced by the latest shit mobile game.

Sorry to be blunt but, that's the way it is.

In terms of gaps in the market, i've always felt a "be the ref" game mode would be cool. If you could ref a game on Fifa, with full control over decisions etc it'd be pretty fun, especially on multiplayer. Could expand on that to a Ref career mode etc to take it seriously.

Doom always affects me, it’s the bouncing motion, years ago I used to get it playing Turok on the N64

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.