Away tickets

Perhaps is too soon in the season to identify trends because of kick off times, travel etc but there are signs that people are getting off the ladder at some point and it is good that people on the lower rungs are getting to matches albeit the' crumbs' perhaps. A wider distribution amongst season ticket holders can only be a good thing.

Too many tickets are 'getting away' to the agencies whether from the club, including players, the corporate allocation sold on or even the high points holders. Those who have acquired 8 or 9 season cards all with mega points certainly do not do it to 'pass on' to use the euphemism, at face value. The club is aware of these people who use false names and addresses to get the extra cards. Kevin Savage of the OSC explained some of the tickets measures on a video with Ian Cheeseman I think but some people got the wrong end of the stick and went off on tangent.

I do think that it is only fair that the OSC get a decent allocation of tickets. They having been going a long long time and have been involved in ticket distribution since the 70s or longer. Wee before loyalty points and Platinum came to be. There are problem with the way the OSC allocate their allocation. The club is pushing its overseas support and there are now as many overseas branches than UK based. There are some people who enrol in branches overseas purely form tickets but the club and OSC are aware that people do not come from Timbuktu every week and act accordingly. But there are also people in Cape Town etc who have lived away for Manchester for 10 years, kept up with City through their branch and come home to visit their folks and would love to see City whilst in UK. I do not have a hard enough heart to refuse that sort of fan. But what does concern me is when posters on here say their branch gets just two tickets whereas that 'certain suburb in Greater Manchester branch' gets enough to run coaches and other branches get pretty big allocations too. There was talk of asking how the OSC allocate away tickets being raised on the recent AGM but it seems it never happened.

But back to 'points holders' the fact remains that more than half the tickets are distributed to them with priority to the same old, same old and will continue to do so unless the club changes things - which they will. Various methods have been put forward by the club and discussed with CM reps and other parties and some will be implemented in due course.

Paragraph 1 - there is absolutely nothing you can tell from the games we have had so far this season, apart from the 18-25 ballot is not in fact a ballot it's a first come first served system. As previously said, we had 8 league games go to general sale last season, this image of thousands not being allowed in is dreamt up.

Paragraph 2 - "Kevin Savage" - that will cause a few laughs on here, that's for sure. Do you have any proof that people have acquired 8 or 9 season cards all with mega points to not pass on at face value? I've monitored every single page of this thread and your claim that "the club is aware of these people who use false names and addresses to get extra cards" is the first time I have read this - could you provide the details or the article where this has been written?

Kevin Parker bleated on like a politician that the OSC should forever get preferential treatment because they bought the ticket office 20 odd years ago or something, Cheeseman did challenge him a bit but not anywhere near as much as he should.

Paragraph 4 - What you've written there actually feels like a complete kick in the bollocks to me. I am 31 years old and I have dedicated my adult life to following City home and away, over 13 years I have got myself into a position where I can get a ticket for any game. It doesn't wash with me to say "you've had your turn, now it's someone elses go" - that's fucking shit. What are City going to do then to stop it being the same old same old? Put a limit on the amount of games a season you can go to? As said, 7 or 8 games last season went to general sale, there's plenty of opportunities for people to go to away games and until this season there was an opportunity for them to get themselves up the ladder of ticket points.

But back to 'points holders' the fact remains that more than half the tickets are distributed to them with priority to the same old, same old and will continue to do so unless the club changes things - which they will. Various methods have been put forward by the club and discussed with CM reps and other parties and some will be implemented in due course.

I am glad you acknowledge the fact that the same people go to all these games because I have said in the past that it is the sacrifices we made in the past to go to all these games. Before tickets were £30 it could cost you anywhere up to £200 for a midweek QPR away.

So it is right that I and others that have put the ground work in should be rewarded. The reason we should be rewarded is because we are bigger and more loyal fans than you. The club is not interested in you they want to reward us the loyal devoted fans.

Not even if the rules are unfair?

Your history is pretty typical of many of us and it is good you have brought your daughter up 'in the faith' so I can empathise with your position entirely.

I just think that a system that largely caters for the same old, same old all the time is inherently unfair.
What is unfair is the split of the tickets and how corporate can effectively jump the queue. I want to be at away match surrounded by like minded fans not by people who have to be told who half the team are, which way we are kicking or even worse by fans of another club. As I said, I could have gone to Norwich and chose not to, I don't now expect a ticket for the derby unless I manage to blag a spare from somewhere, that's life I suppose. 55% of tickets go to ticket point holders and that's the issue. The other issue is when corporates and players return tickets late in the day and rather than them going back on sale to everyone who qualifies, it's a closed shop via Kevin Parker and the supporter's branches

Without doubt this season's system is only going to be temporary, it'll be interesting to see who gets 'turned over' for 20/21 because I think it's fair to say no matter what position we're all in & for whatever reason, more & more will end up hard done by.

Is it bad to go to general sale? I thought it was only rags and dippers that mocked us for that as being bad? Did we fail to sell all our allocation?

Sorry - of course I meant' Colin Parker.' There so much talk of love child and the name Savage seems to get appear much more than most players names on here so I get mixed up. I know for a fact that one person my son has dealt with had nine cards and he sells them on. Tickets cost him £30 and don't forget until recently people were paying £65 face value for the so called attractive fixtures. I have it from good sources that there are many with several cards and the club is thinking of an amnesty so these people could come clean. Some of them are stupid enough to use the various names and addresses of the real card holders as then pay with their own credit card. These things are easy to check on a computer and you don't need the brains of an archbishop to know that not many fans in the 80s, 90s and older go to away matches, standing in big circles singing and check beer around. When you see tickets being offered on various sites do you really think these guys do it out of the kindness their hearts? The one I know of with nine certainly does not.

I did not know that the OSC bought an office over 20 years ago. I do remember me and lots of others queuing early on Saturday mornings in all weather for our away tickets. I don't think that KP/KS/CP said that buying the office entitled the OSC to tickets forever. I will say that the club values the OSC for its 70 years association with the club and the long standing arrangement on ticket distribution. Cheeseman perhaps didn't challenge him because he knows the realities of how the club operates.

I have spent a bit longer than you supporting City home and away but my family always comes first. A bit easier when they are all blues too but I have never ever thought of going to a match with the intention of building a points total.I go to watch the Blues no other reason. So you 31 now you thing you should sit at the top of tree for the next 30 or 40 years and others have to scrabble for those crumbs. That is patently unfair as is the Platinum scheme which means you get double points for doing exactly the same as me.

Let's agree to differ. I do see your point and am grateful you do not throw in casual insults as some do.

What is unfair is the split of the tickets and how corporate can effectively jump the queue. I want to be at away match surrounded by like minded fans not by people who have to be told who half the team are, which way we are kicking or even worse by fans of another club. As I said, I could have gone to Norwich and chose not to, I don't now expect a ticket for the derby unless I manage to blag a spare from somewhere, that's life I suppose. 55% of tickets go to ticket point holders and that's the issue. The other issue is when corporates and players return tickets late in the day and rather than them going back on sale to everyone who qualifies, it's a closed shop via Kevin Parker and the supporter's branches

Nail on the head ref corporate but the club likes their money more than it likes yours or mine. I think it only fair that the the OSC get their 20% as they have done for a long long time although I do know that the certain club in the Greater Manchester suburbs do get a lot of tickets in a greater proportion to their number of members. They too will be subject to ID checking so let's see what happens there.

I am glad you acknowledge the fact that the same people go to all these games because I have said in the past that it is the sacrifices we made in the past to go to all these games. Before tickets were £30 it could cost you anywhere up to £200 for a midweek QPR away.

So it is right that I and others that have put the ground work in should be rewarded. The reason we should be rewarded is because we are bigger and more loyal fans than you. The club is not interested in you they want to reward us the loyal devoted fans.

'we are bigger and more loyal fans than you. The club is not interested in you they want to reward us the loyal devoted fans'

May I have your autograph please?

Sadly I don't think this is the case anymore. They want to reward those with the deepest pockets, and that is all they are interested in.

Correct.And there will never be any Corporates on here posting why they are more entitled than any 'rfeal' fans but you have stated the reality

Correct.And there will never be any Corporates on here posting why they are more entitled than any 'rfeal' fans but you have stated the reality

Suppose someone has 25K points which they earned legitimately and is rich enough to sit in the tunnel club. Is he a real fan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.