TV Series

For those of you looking forward to "The Mandalorian" you may be waiting a while if you stick with legal options. As it stands Disney+ will only be available to US citizens so no buying it with a UK cc and trying a vpn to bypass restrictions. Whilst NF have licensing to show Disney stuff e.g. MCU movies Disney apparently will not or can not release the platform here. There is "Disney Live" online service here but there are no plans to add shows to that from Disney+ thus far.

I do not know all the details, nobody does it seems, but the gist is they want all their ip in one disney+ labeled basket before they can or will bring Disney+ here. I assume they can't show their own stuff here due to a contract agreement signed previously with NF?

Started watching Dark with my daughter at the weekend. Subtitles came up (location names initially)...then the dialogue started. Took me a few moments to work out (due to aforementioned location subtitles) that this was dubbed. Daughter said she'd prefer to watch it that way but it's an utterly bizarre way to watch/listen to anything (only animation gets away with it). Switched to subtitles about ten mins in thankfully. Dub or Sub is a new term for me though...
Well made show though so will continue.

It's brilliant tv mate.

There's a lot to remember, so I wouldn't leave it too long between episodes.

We also ditched the dubbed version in favour of subtitles.

When you're about 5 or 6 episodes in, you might find that this helps. http://davidklein.de/dark/Netflix_Dark_Families_nospoiler.png
#DON'T USE TOO SOON THOUGH OR IT COULD BE CLASSED AS A SPOILER#

It's a family tree which should help linking the characters without giving anything away.

Last edited:
M
It's brilliant tv mate.

There's a lot to remember, so I wouldn't leave it too long between episodes.

We also ditched the dubbed version in favour of subtitles.

When you're about 3 or 4 episodes in, you might find that this helps. http://davidklein.de/dark/Netflix_Dark_Families_nospoiler.png

It's a family tree which should help linking the characters without giving anything away.
i watched the first episode last night. It looked @ bit like an older kids version of stranger things. Does it get better?

M

i watched the first episode last night. It looked @ bit like an older kids version of stranger things. Does it get better?
Haven't seen Stranger Things, but I too wasn't sure about Dark after the first couple of episodes, but it gets very interesting a bit further in. Won't give more than that away.

M

It's a lot more challenging than Stranger Things.

It's almost like a puzzle that you're trying to solve as you're watching.

I loved Stranger Things but this just pips it for me.

But I could understand people binning it off if they just want an easy watch.

I'd recommend trying to hit 4 or 5 episodes in a couple of nights.

By then, you'll either be hooked or lost!

Dark family tree does help but truth is I waited a long time before I sought it out (Well into Season 2), I enjoyed trying to make sense of the puzzle

It's a lot more challenging than Stranger Things.

It's almost like a puzzle that you're trying to solve as you're watching.

I loved Stranger Things but this just pips it for me.

But I could understand people binning it off if they just want an easy watch.

I'd recommend trying to hit 4 or 5 episodes in a couple of nights.

By then, you'll either be hooked or lost!
Agree very much with the puzzle side of it. Its constantly challenging you to work out the charachters and how they are linked and related. You think you have solved one piece and before you know it there is another thing to work out. Brilliantly done and once you get past the few couple and get into the flow of it, its superb.

Dark family tree does help but truth is I waited a long time before I sought it out (Well into Season 2), I enjoyed trying to make sense of the puzzle

Me too!

I'm 4 episodes into season 2 and just discovered the family tree.

I kind of knew who was who but it was re-assuring given the nature of the program! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.