#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performance against Shakhtar a couple of years back suggests not.
I had forgotten that one!
I do feel for the lad though. Every time another youngster gets called up by GS he must wince. Sancho, Mount, Abraham. Maddison none of them the same quality as our Phil. We have 4 attacking midfield positions available (2 starters, 2 subs) + 2 wide slots and Gundo, Dave, Kev, Phil, Raz, Mahrez and Bernie to fill them. He should be able to get time on a more regular basis.

Owen is the latest to pipe up about a loan,it doesn't matter where he just has to play also he needs to play in high pressure games,he's won the world cup which is more than you have you twat,the spurs game in the run in was high pressure and he scored the winning goal,he is doing just fine

Owen is the latest to pipe up about a loan,it doesn't matter where he just has to play also he needs to play in high pressure games,he's won the world cup which is more than you have you twat,the spurs game in the run in was high pressure and he scored the winning goal,he is doing just fine

One of the regular presenters on talk shite heavily pushing the Pep must play him message.

Totally insincere - they are just trying to unsettle him.

One of the regular presenters on talk shite heavily pushing the Pep must play him message.

Totally insincere - they are just trying to unsettle him.
Yep they have been at it for the last couple of seasons,mean while he has been racking up the medals,pep challenged him a couple of weeks ago in public and he has responded,i think things will move quicker now,at least the other gut hawksbee or jacobs said he is where he needs to be and will soon have daves spot in the team,i agree with that

I think Phil will get game time in the EFL Cup and some CL games, but may struggle in the PL to get regular starts. It must be frustrating for him, but with KDB, Bernardo, Merlin and Gundogan to pick from who does Pep drop?

Only
I had forgotten that one!
I do feel for the lad though. Every time another youngster gets called up by GS he must wince. Sancho, Mount, Abraham. Maddison none of them the same quality as our Phil. We have 4 attacking midfield positions available (2 starters, 2 subs) + 2 wide slots and Gundo, Dave, Kev, Phil, Raz, Mahrez and Bernie to fill them. He should be able to get time on a more regular basis.
In that list only sancho is the same age as Phil. You won't find many 19 yo playing as much as foden in a league as strong as the prem. I do think he can play a lot more though and I'm confident he will this season.

I think Phil will get game time in the EFL Cup and some CL games, but may struggle in the PL to get regular starts. It must be frustrating for him, but with KDB, Bernardo, Merlin and Gundogan to pick from who does Pep drop?
It'll be interesting what pep does with dave this season,wind him down and give phil the minutes or make the most of dave and play him a lot,i think the former is the most likely,dave for the big games for his experience and control and he is the captain,i still think we lose some control without him,if phil times it right and really pushes himself to pep then this will be a big season for him

Thats a good point but sadly Phil seems to be the only youngster that "he must play more club game rule " seems to apply to....he doesnt need more club games he is better than England midfield already.......would any of England midfield get into City first 11 or squad.........NO

Nail on the head Gordon. In fact they should bring him on now. I’m not laughing, honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.