#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hudson Odoi started three premier league games for Chelsea and nine substitute appearances and was promoted to the full England squad on the strength of his impressive appearance record.

Hudson-Odoi played in something like 7 consecutive Chelsea games before he got called up to England as an emergency injury replacement. Foden, who you presumably thought deserved a call up more, had never started a premier league game at that point. An England call up would have been a complete joke.

If Foden ever plays 7 games in a row before an England squad and doesn't get a call up when there's injuries in the senior squad, maybe yo've got a point, until then you've not.

Fact is, everyone picked ahead of Sterling in the senior England side plays much more senior football than him, and when Phil starts half a dozen games in a row, like Mason Mount has, Southgate will probably call him up ASAP.

Last edited:
I don't follow England, but I would think that "plays senior football" should probably still be a prerequisite to get called up, no?

I don't follow England, but I would think that "plays senior football" should probably still be a prerequisite to get called up, no?

That’s the way the FA hierarchy think, and maybe most of the time it’s the right decision. but in this case it’s short sighted and fails to acknowledge just how good our team and squad is, especially relative to the standard of this England team. It’s as if he’s being punished and City are, because we are so so good.

Hudson-Odoi played in something like 7 consecutive Chelsea games before he got called up to England as an emergency injury replacement. Foden, who you presumably thought deserved a call up more, had never started a premier league game at that point. An England call up would have been a complete joke.

If Foden ever plays 7 games in a row before an England squad and doesn't get a call up when there's injuries in the senior squad, maybe yo've got a point, until then you've not.

Fact is, everyone picked ahead of Sterling in the senior England side plays much more senior football than him, and when Phil starts half a dozen games in a row, like Mason Mount has, Southgate will probably call him up ASAP.

Hudson Odoi did not start seven consecutive games for Chelsea ,and never has , and dont start counting irrelevant 5 minutes cameo appearances form the bench , so check your facts , and where did i presume Foden deserved an England start ? You dont have a point because you are factually incorrect , but as ever you ignore facts and make presumptions. Maybe you should just admit you are totally wrong , its good for the soul to show a little humility , you should try it.

Hudson Odoi did not start seven consecutive games for Chelsea ,and never has , and dont start counting irrelevant 5 minutes cameo appearances form the bench , so check your facts , and where did i presume Foden deserved an England start ? You dont have a point because you are factually incorrect , but as ever you ignore facts and make presumptions. Maybe you should just admit you are totally wrong , its good for the soul to show a little humility , you should try it.

I didn't say Hudson Odoi started 7 consecutive games. Maybe you should try reading again and then maybe take your own advice and admit you were spewing complete and utter bollocks when you claimed England were calling up kids who weren't playing for their clubs ahead of Foden.

The facts are these - No one with Foden's lack of regular game time has been called up for England. It is complete lunacy to suggest he's hard done by as the original poster I replied to tried to argue.

Frankly I don't know why the fuck any City fan even wants him in the England first team. Nothing good for City can come of it.

Last edited:
Foden is hard done by. With his obvious skill and class he should have been at least called up to the senior squad, Walcott like. You can't tell me that some of the young players called up recently are better than Foden. Southgate and his staff must have seen how he played for the U21's. That he has to play second fiddle to Merlin and Kev shouldn't be held against him.

If he doesn't get serious game time after this international break, in meaningful games, should seriously consider going out on loan for 6 months in Jan.

No way to know when hes fully ready until hes playing consistently.

I didn't say Hudson Odoi started 7 consecutive games. Maybe you should try reading again and then maybe take your own advice and admit you were spewing complete and utter bollocks when you claimed England were calling up kids who weren't playing for their clubs ahead of Foden.

The facts are these - No one with Foden's lack of regular game time has been called up for England. It is complete lunacy to suggest he's hard done by as the original poster I replied to tried to argue.

Foden has played more first team minutes than Odoi , so your argument falls flat on its face , Odoi has played less minutes and has made the England squad , the only bollocks being spewed is from your very worn out keyboard.

Foden has played more first team minutes than Odoi , so your argument falls flat on its face , Odoi has played less minutes and has made the England squad , the only bollocks being spewed is from your very worn out keyboard.

Senior minutes within 1 month of the England call up of CH-O.
Foden - 5
Hudson-Odoi - 287

Hmm I wonder why one of them got called up and not the other...really hard to work that out isn't it? What could it be....a conspiracy? Or one of them playing 60x more football than the other in the weeks leading up to the games? Which one could it be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.