Vincent Kompany testimonial

vibrant-text-bubble-gif-winning-typing-imessage-gifs-tenor.jpg

I have seen far to many charities sort themselves out before they dish it out to those they are supposedly helping. Have a look where their headquarters are that will give you a clue as to where the money is going.

Don't worry Andy Burnham will make sure every penny goes to helping the rough sleepers in Manchester, honest he will. I mean look at the great job he has done so far.Ahem.

Must admit, as well as seeing all the old City players back, I'm pleased they've got Henry to play. I suspect everyone has a favourite non city player of all time & this guy is mine,

On the flip side, gutted that Gareth Barry hasn't been named

Yes, i must admit that seeing Herny will be nice - the Arsenal side from that era were something else, i think only Vieira would have been a better addition - though, would he be on City's side or the legends'?

i think Sergio is only five goals off Henry's record :)

A few other names i'd love to have seen there too (.... Yaya), but, it's Vinny's night :)

Nah, Vinnys testamonial not a league game

Boo the rag twats though
Jeeze it's not really a premier league all stars more like a United old boys team, plus a couple of arsenal players. Only just seen the line up. We better win! Anyone know who the ref is?

Last edited:
Don't worry Andy Burnham will make sure every penny goes to helping the rough sleepers in Manchester, honest he will. I mean look at the great job he has done so far.Ahem.

am with you market st and piccadilly is like a scene from a zombie film

but there is a fine line between the druggies/spice heads and real people having to life on the streets ?? and the help must be given to the ones who will benefit from the help the money raised, not the ones who use the help to pay for the drink and drugs, they need special help first and getting them of the drugs and drink and reforming back into society

its the hardest thing is looking at them and turning you back on them when they are asking for money, you just don't know if its for drink or drugs or getting help in getting food and a hot drink, the best way is to give the money to the homeless charities then in away they help the right people, i use the charity shop mustard tree to spend some money and its the best way https://mustardtree.org.uk/

VincentKompany: "I became a Manc. All of these core values I had before I was a Manc, so when I signed, I transported them through the years. By the end, I think there is a strong identity of Manchester that remains in someone who never came from Manchester.

"If someone gets a knock on the pitch, you just get up, get on with it. You're in Manchester. It doesn't matter whether you are a beautiful, £100m player, because you're in Manchester you're going to get up, and get on with it..."

"That's the side of Manchester I tried to keep, and the group was shaped like this because of myself and others. Carla and her family are blues. I got myself in a place where it always meant a lot for me, more than at anywhere else."

VincentKompany on 93:20: "Typical City fashion would have been to lose the game and blow it. That's what typical City meant in those days. Now typical City is defined by the Kun Aguero moment, you don't give up, you come back and win games..."

"Was my goal against Leicester more important? His goal was more important! Mine looked better, which I never thought I'd have on him! But his was crucial. He did his best to wait until that time, because he had the worst 93 minutes of his career...""...I would have had a word to say about this after the game if he didn't' score, but that's the beauty of his job! One second can always turn it around."

VincentKompany on THAT goal vs @LCFC: "I'm not an emotional guy. It was borderline emotional when I scored, probably because everyone jumped on me and you couldn't see me. I thought: 'What if this is the goal, the clean sheet we keep, that gives us the title..."

"The game finished 1-0, the kids came on the pitch, technically my last game for the club at home, and I already knew [I was leaving]. It was very emotional for that reason. It's a time I'll never forget, City fans will never forget..."

"Not disclosing it felt right. It wasn't about me, it was about winning what we needed. There is always time for goodbyes. It was hard to keep the emotion in. I'm looking around and see this iconic stadium. I see 57,000 people I'm grateful towards...""...Next to me my team-mates - I have a few players like Aguero and David Silva, who I went through everything with, thinking: 'We're still standing and doing this together!' It was a night of emotions..."

"That's why I will always remain very humble in my life because I think these kind of things only happen because you stay humble, driven and focused. Eventually, somebody says: 'Here you go, you get your reward.'" [via @SkySportsNews]

A king (leader) is someone who fights side by side with his men on the battlefield. Tastes the same blood as they do, and if all else fails, dies with honor with them; fighting for what they believed was right, for what they love and cherish in this world. Have a nice night Vincent and thank you for the memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.