Vincent Kompany testimonial

Gutted, cannot go tonight due to my wife being ill. However, I have bought a ticket as a huge thank you to a man who has given me some of the best moments of my life. Cheers Vinny.

Looks like nigel deJong is out too. gutted. seems any players still playing are being told by their clubs not to take risks.

am with you market st and piccadilly is like a scene from a zombie film

but there is a fine line between the druggies/spice heads and real people having to life on the streets ?? and the help must be given to the ones who will benefit from the help the money raised, not the ones who use the help to pay for the drink and drugs, they need special help first and getting them of the drugs and drink and reforming back into society

its the hardest thing is looking at them and turning you back on them when they are asking for money, you just don't know if its for drink or drugs or getting help in getting food and a hot drink, the best way is to give the money to the homeless charities then in away they help the right people, i use the charity shop mustard tree to spend some money and its the best way https://mustardtree.org.uk/

it's a tough call, for sure.

i forget the 'comedians' name now, i think it was that nasty scotts guy with the beard - name still escapes me - who addressed the 'they'll only spend it on beer and drugs' when he said 'well, that's what i was going to spend it on.

That always seemed to me to be quite succinct.

There's a homeless charity in Heywood, Cheeky Monkeys, we go in there when we're in town and buy something or donate.

Last time we were in town i found £5 lying on the floor near the tills in some shop, within five minutes a lass was asking if i had any change.... Easy come easy go.

These people are living on the streets, giving them something to make their day a littler bit easier is a no-brainer - but then we can choose to buy a coffee or a sandwich from the shop to give to people sleeping rough, then at least you know that you're helping on the most basic level. My Mrs bought a guy and his dog a cooked chicken, his face lit up when he saw it :)

i know a lot of folks are wary of giving to organised charity, even oxfam after their aid worker scandal a few years back, because so much £ gets swallowed up on admin and 'expenses' and offices. But equally people are wary of giving to the guys in the street.

So, the Etihad has sold what, 50,000 tickets for Vinny's testimonial, and at £20 (min) - that's a million £ for Tackle 4 MCR, it would be nice if the charity could say how much is being put into finding a bed every night :)

What Rags are playing?

Premier league team is mostly ex united players. Should be good pantomime villain stuff as long as they don’t go heavy on serge and Silva.
I’d bet OGS may be there on a scouting mission to see if he can’t bolster his squad with a few free signings.

and with any other charity, how much disappears in expenses and wages before it gets to the people that need it. I am with GortonBlue62, totally not interested.

and.......... we’re not surprised. Although I don’t think GortonBlue62 was complaining about the charity aspect

Still haven't received my etickets, not in my inbox or junk, any ideas? I don't really have the time to be picking them up at the ground as I may already be a little late haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.