#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't get serious game time after this international break, in meaningful games, should seriously consider going out on loan for 6 months in Jan.

No way to know when hes fully ready until hes playing consistently.
He is not going on loan,he will be primed to take daves spot,i'm sure there is an agreement with pep and southgate to keep him developing in the U21's otherwise he would have been in the senior squad by now,you play one game in red and you are in so it's obvious he is being held back,the later the better the way all our players get the blame when things go wrong,he doesn't need that yet

Senior minutes within 1 month of the England call up of CH-O.
Foden - 5
Hudson-Odoi - 287

Hmm I wonder why one of them got called up and not the other...really hard to work that out isn't it? What could it be....a conspiracy? Or one of them playing 60x more football than the other in the weeks leading up to the games? Which one could it be...

It was simple reply for a simple person , "remind us which English youngster is getting in the senior team without playing regularly for his club" Odoi according to "your" figures has played 287 minutes in a month , which is 2 starts and barely a 100 minutes in the other 4 games in that month , it appears playing regular in your fantasy world is subjective.Two first team starts in a month is not playing regularly and certainly does not deserve an England call up
You challenged someone to give you an example, and you have had the example ,and never at any point have i stated Foden should be in the England team , although you as usual presume this .
My belief is neither should have been in the England squad , but i am sure you can "read between the lines" and tell me what i actually mean

Senior minutes within 1 month of the England call up of CH-O.
Foden - 5
Hudson-Odoi - 287

Hmm I wonder why one of them got called up and not the other...really hard to work that out isn't it? What could it be....a conspiracy? Or one of them playing 60x more football than the other in the weeks leading up to the games? Which one could it be...
What really makes me chuckle is that the England manager needs to see Foden playing regularly for the first team to see what a brilliant player he is. Ross Barkley? Harry Winks? Declan Rice? Jordan Fucking Henderson? Not fit to lace his boots and I can tell you that already. If Southgate needs to wait until it's totally bleeding obvious to everyone how good he is that's his problem.

Phil Foden has played more minutes of competitive senior club football by the time he turned 19 than Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes combined had at the same age.

Only this.

Were any of them in the England squad at this stage of their careers though.

There's no need to rush Foden at all, but it's silly to think England should take the risk on him when City seemingly won't yet. Both will come with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.