Human League

Aaah B-Movie.

3 stonking songs, Marilyn Dreams, Remembrance Day and Nowhere Girl, an ok one, Scare some life, many aborted album releases and obscurity beckons.
Got the original 12" 5 track ep of Nowhere Girl..very scarce now...'Scare some life into me 'id forgotten all about,b side to the 12 " Some Bizzare re issue of NG.
'The Moles' off the Some Bizzare album put together by Stevo was a rough and ready mini classic
I saw there original comeback gig at some club in central london about 15 yrs ago...it was bedlam for the small but loyal band of followers luvky enough to see it..like a punk gig.mayhem.
Also saw them a year later in notts and then Mansfield.

Last edited:
Only an opinion, and don't know why you think it's disparaging, I just saw them at the time as a band aimed at the Smash Hits end of the market, at their peak popularity that is. Pretty sure you'd have negative opinions about bands and genres I rate higher.

Same thing used to be said about Depeche Mode as well in regards to Smash Hits etc and that gave them a bad reputation which has taken the best part of 40 years to overcome in this country.

Graham returned as well.

Yes, I was having a dig around online last night and I noticed that. To my surprise I also noticed they're playing in Manchester at the end of Nov.

Definitely going to go. I haven't seen them since the early 80's.

Yes, I was having a dig around online last night and I noticed that. To my surprise I also noticed they're playing in Manchester at the end of Nov.

Definitely going to go. I haven't seen them since the early 80's.
Do you remember A letter from Afar ...
A come back release in mid 80s I think
A very average electronic sound. .They had in effect missed the boat with that
tho with a glossy 12" pic sleeve they nearly made the top 40 iirc

Last edited:
Circus of death by HL always a fav of mine.haunting electonic back best and great vocal by P.O.
Another example of how similar theHL were to Wham, simply red etc....how the 'girls' must have loved Circus of death...b side of Being Boiled...bet they were queuing up to purchase it....lol

Do you remember A letter from Afar ...
A come back release in mid 80s I think
A very average electronic sound. .They had in effect missed the boat with that
tho with a glossy 12" pic sleeve they nearly made the top 40 iirc

I do remember it - might even have a copy of it hidden away somewhere.

I don't think signing to some bizzare did them any favours tbh. Stevo was a headcase ,and had far too many other things going on at the time with the label to give them what they needed.

In some ways they were unlucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.