‘Where Do You Want Your Statue, Vincent Kompany?’

Got a City mug yesterday for Father's Day, which came complete with two coaster place-mat things, which had pictures of famous Blues on them

Even I could tell that one was clearly Pep, but my little lad (6 foot 5) was appalled that I didn't instantly recognise the other one to be St Vincent

Truth is I was somewhat bamboozled, as for all the world I couldn't work out why Richard Edghill was staring back at me
How much bambooze had you had?

We do not need a statue of Vincent Kompany. The statue that is really needed is one of the whole 2018/19 squad that earn themselves a Premiership, F.A. Cu , Carabao Cup, and the Community Shield medals that in my mind is what is really needed. This would be fitting tribute to the whole squad for many years to come.

We do not need a statue of Vincent Kompany. The statue that is really needed is one of the whole 2018/19 squad that earn themselves a Premiership, F.A. Cu , Carabao Cup, and the Community Shield medals that in my mind is what is really needed. This would be fitting tribute to the whole squad for many years to come.
But what about 2019/2020 squad that win everything? We’ll be classed as arrogant upstarts if we start that kind of thing.

Would love to see some kind of ‘hologram statue’, do they exist? Seem to remember Roy Orbison doing a show from the grave

I don't think he'll get a statue.
Okay, he goes and player manages Anderlecht and continues his career path, but I get the feeling Kaldoon has other plans for this lad.
I think he will want to get him back at City when he hangs his boots up, in some role at Director/Board level.
If that all goes well, he may get a stand named after him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.