Vincent Kompany testimonial

Seriously ?

Very much so

Couldn't work out if Ferris was taking the piss with his half time VAR comments?

Ferris was an annoying twat as per, why he kept mentioning neville as so bogeyman, I am more inclined to booing giggs.

Of all the prem legends I mustpraise Ashley Cole when being heckled he had a laugh with the crowd and it is apreciated they all took time out to play.

One other small thing - I wish Vinny had been wearing the City kit even if he was not playing. Wanted to see him in blue one more time.

Enjoyed the night immensely and a worthy ‘send off’ for a true City legend. I do feel, however, that our team should have been billed as ‘A Handful of City Legends, A Few Shit Players Who Once Turned Out For The Club and A Couple of Randoms’.
Think of the bigger picture fella. I'm sure the people working with the homeless people are delighted with the evening.

Stephen Ireland was absolutely fantastic today.
Quite hard to believe he is without a club a big shame that we let him go in that swap deal for Milner to Villa.
His talent is not in any doubt....

He got quite the pat on the back and congratulations from Pep he was definitely impressed!

Ireland played 10 years too early, he's definitely a Pep type of player, would have suited our team perfectly

Milner bottled it because he knew he'd get booed mercilously !

I read a few booed him in the warm up/before the game. He definitely had his boots with him to play. What a bunch of knobheads some of our fans are; the guy turns up for a charity match to help the most vulnerable in our society and to say thanks to Vinny and he'd get mullered by his own fans!

Great occassion, on the playing side it may have benefited from being played in the summer when more people could maybe have played but on all other fronts I think it was a huge success and well done to everyone playing their part.

I hope if Dave has one it can be for the hospitals that looked after Mateo and it could be a City stars v Spanish XI and invite over Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Puyol et al. and some of Silva's Valencia and Las Palmas friends.

An Aguero one would be interesting if he pulled off bringing Messi along, maybe an Argentinian legends team (Zaba could plsy for both, Demichelis, Ota but bring some fun additions like Batistuta, Crespo etc.)

These occassions are great and can teally benefit a lot of people.

Was the record for Bert Trautmann?

Edit: Just Googled. It was indeed for Bert but there are claims it was a doctored figure with the real number being around 60,000. Ŵhichever, I was one of them. Do you have a take on this @Gary James?
The route most people tend to go down with Trautmann's attendance is that 47,901 is the official attendance (which it was and no one can deny) but lots claim to have been locked out from a stadium capable of holding over 60,000 at the time. It could be inefficiency at the time, it could be that certain turnstiles weren't counting for some reason (lots of rumours about gate receipts at similar games over the years not at Maine Road - some have claimed some clubs would take a turnstile off count and give the proceeds directly to the recipient of the testimonial no questions asked etc. - despite extensive research no one connected directly to senior figures at MCFC over the decades has ever said this was a reason for attendance discrepancy at Maine Road), or it could be that the police restricted the crowd that night. Who knows? The fact is that Kompany's testimonial had a larger official crowd than any other MCFC testimonial ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.