Norwich (A) - Pre Match Thread

Norwich (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt Mendy will start a game until the Preston cup tie. If he stays fit though it’s going to leave Angelino in limbo. Can’t see where he’ll get a game.

Anyway, think we’ll line up like this:

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Rodri
D Silva
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Sterling
Aguero

I think Angelino starts at Preston, Mendy comes off the bench for both games.

Sam Lee I think it was said that Mendy is pencilled in for 20mins against Norwich, I guess that is depending on circumstances of course.

Yeah, you could well be right. I guess they won’t rush anything with Mendy, and will ease him back in gradually.

It’s a shame that Angelino had such a poor pre-season really. Would be extremely harsh to judge him on the basis of that, of course, but in this side you really need to seize your opportunities and make an impression.

If he stays fit though it’s going to leave Angelino in limbo. Can’t see where he’ll get a game.
It's just a theory, but do you think with Sane injured Angelino has a chance of being played further forward, or taking over at left-back if Zinchenko assumes his natural position?

Yeah, you could well be right. I guess they won’t rush anything with Mendy, and will ease him back in gradually.

It’s a shame that Angelino had such a poor pre-season really. Would be extremely harsh to judge him on the basis of that, of course, but in this side you really need to seize your opportunities and make an impression.

I don't think Zinchenko's long term future is at LB, and I'm not sure Mendy will ever be a 50 game a season player, even though that's exactly what I said about Gundogan and he's now fine. So Angelino might just need to buckle down this year, work on improving whatever he needs to, take whatever chances he gets and he might find himself playing a lot more next season and later.

Maybe, but normally our subs are forwards and AMs to bring fresh legs vs tight defences.

Pep doesn't like to a sub a defensive player, rarely does.
I think Mendy has to be fully match fit before coming back in order to play a full match and avoid being subbed.

I also think getting Mendy back to rhythm is a clear priority before Angelino comes into play., who is just the back-up.

Will the team fly to Norwich? thinking it maybe possible to get some selfies and my formidables book signed ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.