Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to make a bold prediction here but I believe there is an internal war brewing between Bartomeu & Messi. Shots fired (via MD)

Would take him on a free.
Can you imagine Messi in the current City team, say, slot him in alongside Aguero and Yaya in 2011 / 2012 - with the team we play today he'd be something else, arguably not just the best of his time, but the best of all time.

Watching him play, it just seems like one of those series on t.v. that have gone on too long. What was once unthinkable, is no longer that unthinkable. Even weirder , i am not sure he is what we need. Peak Messi, simply the best; just seems to me that the magic has worn thin, with nothing whatsoever to prove to anyone, he might just be bored, and I wouldn't blame him tbh. Perhaps a change of club/league would reignite his appetite, it's worked for some in the past but.....he might be a genuine "one club man", Barca or no one. I have no idea, the idea of him in a City shirt, slotting in 30 odd goals is pure gold...

Agreed, do you think Bartomeu wants him out?

I think Barto is trying to influence public opinion on the possibility of Leo leaving the club. First by shifting culpability & pressure onto Messi with the contract reveal (Clause Leo pointed out was confidential). Messi with this exceptional interview by Sport was a strike back. Then MD (arm of the board) began filling media with half truths of interview, topping it off by reporting a RM physio watching the sand drills recently suggesting that his calf is fine - implicitly suggesting Messi is refusing to play so far this season

Stems from Neymar pursuit and sporting direction (Segura, Mestre and Amor in particular). It appears to be escalating so I expect more to come out in the coming week. I believe Messi has threatened to walk as has been speculated due to lies and decisions by Bartomeu

Now it appears it is going to be played out in the media, stay tuned

Last edited:
I think Barto is trying to influence public opinion on the possibility of Leo leaving the club. First by shifting culpability & pressure onto Messi with the contract reveal (Clause Leo pointed out was confidential). Messi with this exceptional interview by Sport was a strike back. Then MD (arm of the board) began filling media with half truths of interview, topping it off by reporting a RM physio watching the sand drills recently suggesting that his calf is fine - implicitly suggesting Messi is refusing to play so far this season

Stems from Neymar pursuit and sporting direction (Segura, Mestre and Amor in particular). It appears to be escalating so I expect more to come out in the coming week. I believe Messi has threatened to walk as has been speculated due to lies and decisions by Bartomeu

Now it appears it is going to be played out in the media, stay tuned

Interesting take - look forward to watching this play out. Of course this is probably the final opportunity for Barca to cash in on Messi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.