UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d really think Uefa would try to stop the press running things that say “sources close” or “investigations head Yves Leterme understood to favour a ban.”

Especially if a case is still ongoing.

Lie or not it’s detrimental to their argument, particularly when we’re targeting their process. Looks rather bad that the person in charge has his opinion leaked every week

They can't stop it:

Q "M. Leterme, do you think these allegations deserve a ban, if found true?"
A "If proved true, then they are serious charges and a ban would be appropriate in my opinion."
Q: "Brilliant, I have my headline."

Leterme almost certainly hasn't said anything other than answer questions.
A bit like when that deadline popped up that UEFA hurried to meet - it was reported in the media, but all it needed was someone to look in the UEFA regs to find out that it was important. No leak needed, and if UEFA were asked, they would have acknowledged that it was there.

The times article says this:

The leaked emails appeared to show City being paid directly by the owners instead of the Etihad airline for a sponsorship deal, and allegedly also backdated sponsorship deals with partners from Abu Dhabi — Etihad, Aabar and the tourism authority.

Very dodgy statement that and poor choice of words The leaked emails don't appear to show that at all, which is basically core to the entire debate, yet the times have seemingly decided already?

Good point.

"Could be interpreted to say" would be true.

Good point.

"Could be interpreted to say" would be true.

Yes. Their content is consistent with the interpretation the Times has given. But it's misleading unless there's some statement or implication that they could be interpreted as not entailing breaches of the letter of the regulations. If Ziegler doesn't want to do so outright, then the neatest way to achieve it would be along the lines you've suggested above.

Shame Zeigler doesn't mention that there is no reason whatsoever why UEFA can't proceed now before the CAS hearing. Unless he knows they are up a creek with no paddle.
As some have suggested on here it looks increasingly like UEFA are waiting for CAS to bale them out of the hole they are in. They can't risk action against City based on a couple of dodgy emails wihout knowing the outcome of the Pinto case which will go on for years. If CAS reject the case because of a failed process then UEFA are off the hook. The only issue then will be lingering reputational damage to City which may force us to publish all our evidence. This will be a tough call for Khaldoon because I am sure we have a lot of dirt on our enemies. I suspect we will keep our powder dry unless any future action is actually taken against us. I believe we hold all the cards.

As some have suggested on here it looks increasingly like UEFA are waiting for CAS to bale them out of the hole they are in. They can't risk action against City based on a couple of dodgy emails wihout knowing the outcome of the Pinto case which will go on for years. If CAS reject the case because of a failed process then UEFA are off the hook. The only issue then will be lingering reputational damage to City which may force us to publish all our evidence. This will be a tough call for Khaldoon because I am sure we have a lot of dirt on our enemies. I suspect we will keep our powder dry unless any future action is actually taken against us. I believe we hold all the cards.
I'm really looking forward to the apology from UEFA when CAS throw it out because I'm convinced that Khaldoon will get to write it for them word for word with the threat of further action if they refuse.

Maybe I’m being really cynical but hope it’s not a case of it being too late to ban us this season so they’re keeping their powder dry to unleash another assault just as we’re picking up another set of trophies in May.

Sure your not the only one thinking this!

The Times coverage has been truly appalling and built entirely on the Der Spiegel version of events despite the huge question marks over the source of the material. The paper has continued to publish stories based on second-hand information from sources with a clear agenda against us. They have not challenged any of this information or put it into context as the New York Times has done. The most bizarre thing of all is that the background context to the City emails is a much better story than what they have published. As far as I know not a single UK journalist has ever managed to get an interview with anyone senior at City though Khaldoon has spoken to the international business media. I think Martin Samuel may have been briefed by City on the background as most of his columns have been spot-on. The UK media is in a dreadful state.

Agreed, question is who do you trust less the journalists, the Germans or the Politicians?

It’ll be interesting to see if CAS reset the clock and tell UEFA - they can start again from the beginning. With our enemies urging them on... will they... will UEFA risk everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.