******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you can and playing down under is a whole new ball game to playing in england ?? the kookaburra ball and the pitches and the heat you need more than just swing and seam,youth brings something to the table and we have some very good young players who are getting blocked because of the old guard wanting to keep playing and also losing ???

build now and get all the old deadwood out of the squad who are sitting on central contracts and think they are untouchable ?? well if the interview by ROOT yesterday means something and not just smoke up the bums then the ECB need to change

It's two and a half years away. There's a lot of cricket to be played then and with the new test championship format there is no reason at all to just get rid of Anderson now. He's still our best bowler and the idea of having him, Archer, Broad, Woakes, Curran and Stokes as our bowling attack over the next two years is exciting. You make it sound like youth can't be brought through if Anderson is there which is nonsense. Any youngsters coming in to the squad will be much better off for having him there than not.

Anyone watched the KP documentary? Everyone’s gonna have an opinion on him but i’m Just gonna day that Swann comes across as a proper sly ****. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could melt his plastic face.

Anyone done the combined Ashes squad on the BBC website?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49556863

I went for:

Rory Burns
Joe Denly
Joe Root
Steve Smith
Marnus Labuschagne
Ben Stokes
Jonny Bairstow
Pat Cummins
Josh Hazlewood
Jack Leach
Stuart Broad

Couldn’t find a place for Archer with Broad having such a good series and the Aussie fast duo being so good as well. Went for Leach as he seems to extract more turn and Lyon just doesn’t seem the menace he used to be. Plus he is the man when it comes to batting to save the tail!

Anyone watched the KP documentary? Everyone’s gonna have an opinion on him but i’m Just gonna day that Swann comes across as a proper sly ****. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could melt his plastic face.

Yeh i thought it was good and agree about Swann.

I think its probably the first time England have had a world-class player who was also a celebrity and the ECB/other players didnt know how to handle that or react. He should have been treated similar to Ronaldo is in football. He doesn't do the hard graft and he pisses people off but at the end of the day he wins games so he has to play.

Anyone done the combined Ashes squad on the BBC website?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49556863

I went for:

Rory Burns
Joe Denly
Joe Root
Steve Smith
Marnus Labuschagne
Ben Stokes
Jonny Bairstow
Pat Cummins
Josh Hazlewood
Jack Leach
Stuart Broad

Couldn’t find a place for Archer with Broad having such a good series and the Aussie fast duo being so good as well. Went for Leach as he seems to extract more turn and Lyon just doesn’t seem the menace he used to be. Plus he is the man when it comes to batting to save the tail!

Just did it without reading yours and got the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.