Stephen Ireland

Elk

Enjoyed seeing him play in the testimonial. He was one of my favourite players "back in the day".

How good was he in his prime? Would he have fitted into this side?

I always felt he was a tidy player who linked up the play nicely, and had good composure. Being on the same wavelength with Robinho was perhaps an indicator of quality. I don't think he'd look out of place in the current team.

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

There’s a great interview with Ireland in The Athletic today.
Comes across very well and he’s still gutted how it didn’t work out for him here.

I can't think of a single player I grew up watching in the 90s or 00s before our first title winning season who would get close to this squad, even the ones who looked like they might do something.

Reactions: ell
Wouldn’t get on this squad but at his best in those days would’ve got in Utd’s current team.

He’d be a ‘5th-8th’ kind of kid in this current league.

Have always liked Stephen Ireland, thought I was ahead of some of the players around him at the time. Abit like Sterling in the England team. When Robinho and the other Brazilian cant remember his name ( it's my age ! ) not Joe ! . We seem to have 3 players on the same wavelength than and it brought the best out of Ireland.

Have always liked Stephen Ireland, thought I was ahead of some of the players around him at the time. Abit like Sterling in the England team. When Robinho and the other Brazilian cant remember his name ( it's my age ! ) not Joe ! . We seem to have 3 players on the same wavelength than and it brought the best out of Ireland.
Elano? Loved the lad but it was the Robinho-Bellamy-Ireland axis that brought the best out of Ireland, Elano barely played under Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.