Stephen Ireland

Pleased he was there. I heard his Gran died ?

Yeah but those jokes should be left, i know he regrets it, he says in the recent interview how as soon as he said it he regretted it but his teamates were patting him on ghe back wishing him all the best and he didn't think he could back track. He said it as his partner had just lost their baby, they didn't want people to know and he desperately needed to get home from the squad. All of which is understandable. I knwo what he said isn't.. but with the stress and family problems he had, he made a very very wrong choice, but it's not really a laughing matter, it hurts him, as city fans cshouldn't we let it go?

Yeah but those jokes should be left, i know he regrets it, he says in the recent interview how as soon as he said it he regretted it but his teamates were patting him on ghe back wishing him all the best and he didn't think he could back track. He said it as his partner had just lost their baby, they didn't want people to know and he desperately needed to get home from the squad. All of which is understandable. I knwo what he said isn't.. but with the stress and family problems he had, he made a very very wrong choice, but it's not really a laughing matter, it hurts him, as city fans cshouldn't we let it go?
Ireland's fans let it go long ago.

Have always liked Stephen Ireland, thought I was ahead of some of the players around him at the time. Abit like Sterling in the England team. When Robinho and the other Brazilian cant remember his name ( it's my age ! ) not Joe ! . We seem to have 3 players on the same wavelength than and it brought the best out of Ireland.
Can anyone interpret this for me please?

One good half-season, thanks to Robinho being doubled-up-on. Mentally weak.

No thanks. Didn't get all the wanking over him at the time, less so now.

Great volley against Reading though.

Elano? Loved the lad but it was the Robinho-Bellamy-Ireland axis that brought the best out of Ireland, Elano barely played under Hughes.

Not sure that's totally true mate.

As I recall, the majority of Ireland's goals arrived in the first half of the 08-09 season, (just after the takeover), when he played at the front of a midfield diamond, often arriving late for crosses from the left from Robinho.

Bellamy arrived the following January, and for some reason, Ireland's goal ratio was never quite the same. I can only remember the early goal at Hamburg, and then a chip over the keeper at Everton, but his form seemed to suffer in tandem.

Seem to recall him going to ground for no apparent reason in a league cup game holding his head, never looked the same player after that, under Peps guidance I think he would have made an impact at the level we are now had all the attributes.

Not sure that's totally true mate.

As I recall, the majority of Ireland's goals arrived in the first half of the 08-09 season, (just after the takeover), when he played at the front of a midfield diamond, often arriving late for crosses from the left from Robinho.

Bellamy arrived the following January, and for some reason, Ireland's goal ratio was never quite the same. I can only remember the early goal at Hamburg, and then a chip over the keeper at Everton, but his form seemed to suffer in tandem.
He might not have scored as many goals, but the early part of the next season was the best of his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.