Var debate 2019/20

Yeah and the rest lol,by their own rules the gabby goal should have stood,pens on dave and rodders,are they admitting the rodders one?

Oooh, no. That wasn't a pen, like fuck it wasn't a pen, it was three pens in one! And the goon Swarbrick sez Rodri went looking for it. When you hear shit like that you just know these folk are pretty clueless.

Oooh, no. That wasn't a pen, like fuck it wasn't a pen, it was three pens in one! And the goon Swarbrick sez Rodri went looking for it. When you hear shit like that you just know these folk are pretty clueless.
You have to remember Riley also said Kevin friend was right to book Grealish for diving last round of games.

Bloke’s a cûnt and the worst thing wrong with PL football.

There have have always been certain individual refs who make the game 'all about them'. But I notice that it is Riley and his PiGMOL gang who are taking this VAR thing as their responsibility and dictating policy by their own interpretations which are often out of step with many other groups.

The various FAs make the rules not bloody refs.

Sadly I believe that this will screw football for me. How can Old Mother Riley sit there and say what he said yesterday beggars belief. The fact that the PL are not pulling him up for it says even more.

So supposed consistency in decisions at the time have now been admitted as mistakes.

Mistakes my fucking arse.

It is an absolute scandal the introduction of VAR.

Cheaters charter.

I have watched a lot of MLS games on TV and the refs in the USA seem to be implementing VAR much better than here. I have seen a few dodgy offsides but they seem to be getting most decisions right and quite quickly. The refs over there are also using the pitchside monitors and the fans see all the replays. What has happened here with Riley and Swarbrick has been a disgrace. Our football is a laughing stock. Why has Riley not been challenged over his "four mistakes" lie? Why is Martin Samuel the only journalist who has bothered to read the handball rules and called PGMOL out over their incorrect interpretation of the handball rules (in terms of deflections leading to goals)? Most of the media is giving these crooks a free pass while the paying customers have been treated with contempt.

Bloke’s a cûnt and the worst thing wrong with PL football.

After watching that video of Riley in charge of Man Utd v Arsenal , any competent and non-corrupt Football Association would have banned him for life, he wouldn't be allowed near an under-8s game. That fact that he's got a top job now, just sums up the fucking mess they've made of it.

Last edited:
What Riley needs to say is why these errors were made, eg what the VAR officials said to themselves and the referee b4 incorrect decision applied by onfield referee.

eg the Newcastle handball goal, is he saying the VAR officials , not just one person, with all the camera angles supplied didnt see the ball contact an offensive arm?He says it's an error, presumably to back up previous Laporte and Boly incidents that any offensive handball, in pigmol interpretation, leading to a goal is disallowed. So how could the VAR officials with all the camera angles supplied not have seen it. In pigmol interpretation it's nothing to do with clear and obvious, it's just handball or not by offensive player leading to a goal. It seems implausible that the VAR team can decide Laporte handled with all angles but not VAR team for Newcastle goal.

With Silva penalty, again he says it's an error. But what error? Did the VAR team decide they wouldnt have awarded a clear penalty. Did they decide not to use pitchside monitor, was that the error? if so has riley decided because hes had to admit errors that VAR will now instruct onfield refs to review this type of incident or have they already sold the pitchside monitors to Champions League Officials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.