Travelling to Milan (Atalanta)

Any recommendations on which area to stay in Milan? Convenient for match day and night before etc. Going Tues to Thurs

Any recommendations on which area to stay in Milan? Convenient for match day and night before etc. Going Tues to Thurs
Hotels are expensive, so pick one based on your budget anywhere in the city. I'd suggest somewhere on the red metro line would be better for getting back to after the game and it could be 11.30-12 when we're let out of the ground. From experience, queues for the purple line which goes to the San Siro will be bad after the game and it is better to walk to Lotto on the red line (20-25 min walk). It will be a much lower attendance than when I've been before though so may be worth checking the queues before setting off.

Generally speaking, Navigli is a good area in the evenings. Lots of bars and restaurants along the canal.

Lets be honest though, most will flock to Irish bars which are dotted all round the city.

Hotels are expensive, so pick one based on your budget anywhere in the city. I'd suggest somewhere on the red metro line would be better for getting back to after the game and it could be 11.30-12 when we're let out of the ground. From experience, queues for the purple line which goes to the San Siro will be bad after the game and it is better to walk to Lotto on the red line (20-25 min walk). It will be a much lower attendance than when I've been before though so may be worth checking the queues before setting off.

Generally speaking, Navigli is a good area in the evenings. Lots of bars and restaurants along the canal.

Lets be honest though, most will flock to Irish bars which are dotted all round the city.

Cheers. Are there many bars round the San Siro or en route to Lotto for one while the queues go down a little or is it best not to hang around after the game anyway? Obviously would have to make sure didn't miss the last metro like did after the nou camp!

Cheers. Are there many bars round the San Siro or en route to Lotto for one while the queues go down a little or is it best not to hang around after the game anyway? Obviously would have to make sure didn't miss the last metro like did after the nou camp!
From memory, there wasn't much at the ground or between the ground and Lotto, seemed to be mainly residential. I didn't do a loop of the ground in fairness though.

There were some burger van type vendors selling draft beer at the ground which were open after the game.

Theres a number of us booked in around the Navigli area Jess, good canalside bars and eateries, according to my Saints mates who went a few years ago.

Theres a few decent places on airbnb

Booked some flights today for basically a 24 hour trip with full day wednesday and early Thursday.

Not on the CL scheme but >8k points. Should be okay for away end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.