Your Favourite Stand Up Comedian

Dave Chappelle
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Hicks

In that order.
\

Only recently discovered Mitch Hedbeg and what a discovery that was. Really lovely turn of phrases (and that nervous body language) and kind of humour that takes a moment to settle on the tongue. Big fan now. Have you managed to find any decent footage of him though? All the stuff on youtube is like old 3rd generation VHS copies...if you have any sources I'd love to see them.

Just about to watch that Dave Chappelle show on Netflix, hopefully over the weekend.
Bill Burr is someone I need to dig into also.

I'm a big fan of 'Seinfeld' and started going through the Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee series on Netflix....short pleasant pieces of comedy 'chat' - quite a few of the good guys and gals on there (Bill Burr episode was good).

Gonna watch Paper Tiger this weekend.

I was disappointed with Dave Chappelle tbh; it was good but it lacked cutting edge. Also comedians complaining about PC culture is getting rather hacky.
I got the impression that he picked a lot of his topics based on whether they'd get him publicity rather than because he actually had anything funny or interesting to say about them.

The Jussie Smollett stuff was good though.

If you haven't seen it, check out Nannette on Netflix by Hannah Gadsby, it is not a pure Stand Up show and you do need to persevere with it and watch it through to the end to get the full story behind it but it is definitely worth while watching.

She is not in my view, the greatest of comedians and some of the comedy is relatively B+ but the overall story arc of the set is absolutely superb and genuinely makes you think about the way the world is.

If you can, watch it, and if you do watch it persevere with it. Would love to hear what people think of it.

If you haven't seen it, check out Nannette on Netflix by Hannah Gadsby, it is not a pure Stand Up show and you do need to persevere with it and watch it through to the end to get the full story behind it but it is definitely worth while watching.

She is not in my view, the greatest of comedians and some of the comedy is relatively B+ but the overall story arc of the set is absolutely superb and genuinely makes you think about the way the world is.

If you can, watch it, and if you do watch it persevere with it. Would love to hear what people think of it.
I've heard really good things about her, but I've not got round to watching more than a few minutes of her stuff yet. I'll definitely give it a go.

I've heard really good things about her, but I've not got round to watching more than a few minutes of her stuff yet. I'll definitely give it a go.

In my opinion, you really have to watch the full special in one sitting to "get it" - not one to watch for 5 mins on youtube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.